Chap 27

Sanskar was staring at the reconstruction work going on in hospital. It was a month since he slipped in coma, a month since his soul was wandering in the boundaries of hospital, a month of helplessness to see his family praying for him everyday, a month of frustration of not being able to wipe their tears.

Every single day, Ram came to visit him. He didn't say a word but stared at his body lying down in coma. Whenever tears start forming in his eyes, he turned his face away, as if hiding them from his son. Little did he know that his son's soul was witnessing all of it standing just besides him.

Every evening, Sujata came to him with a tiffin in her hands. She made his favorite food despite knowing he wouldn't be able to eat it. But this hope kept her alive. When it's time for her to leave, she distributed the same food to children's ward charity section. Little did she know that her son's soul was trying to wipe her tears every time she cried.

Everyday, Laksh visited him too, along with Ragini. Sometimes, little Ayansh was with them too. Ragini gave her shoulder to Laksh everytime he broke down while still wiping her own tears. Little did they know, that their brother was watching over them, trying to engulf them in a hug whenever they cried.

Parineeta and Adarah too took out their time to visit him. But they were very busy these days. Durga Prasad was not keeping well. He was holding himself responsible for not being able to do anything to save his pride, his Sanskar. Adarsh was busy taking care of him. Pari had taken the responsibility of the house over her. She had to do this as Annapoorna was busy cheering up Sujata.

He saw Shekhar calling various neurologists of his aquaintance. He saw him doing everything in his hands for Sanskar. Uttara was trying to help her father too.

Ali and Ramesh, those two of his colleagues were the constant visitors too. The respect they had for him had now become inspiration for them.

Other visitors were Rama, Shweta too. The parents of children he saved, the nurses and doctors he saved, had also paid visits him two three times. After all it was due to him they were alive.

Officials, ministers and other influential personalities had paid him visits too. Sanskar quitely saw how some of them came for the sake of formalities, some of them for publicity and some, out of genuine concern.

His sweetheart, little Ashna had only visited him once. He remembered how she started to cry bitterly seeing Sanskar like that. Though unable to understand the meaning of coma, she knew something bad had happened with her papa. She knew her papa was not well. She was already traumatized by the attack on the anniversary party and now this. Ram thought it was better for Ashna to be away from hospital for a while.

Everyone's life, though slowly, but gradually coming back to pace. Yes, they still felt bad for Sanskar! Yes, they all still had the void in their life! But other responsibilities made them move on a little bit.

The only one, whose life had taken a turn of 180 degrees, the one whose whole life was Sanskar, the one who held herself responsible for his condition, the one whose heart was still bleeding afresh was Swara!

Sanskar saw Swara being torn between family and him. She had the responsibility of Ashna whose innocent questions stabbed her heart even more. She had the responsibility of Sujata too. She had to fill the void in her heart. And the biggest responsibility was of Sanskar. She had to make him alright. Everyday she called various specialists to cure him.

Sanskar had seen her routine in the hospital. She came early. He knew as soon as Ashna went to school, she ran to hospital. She made sure Sanskar was given sponge bath daily! She made sure to talk to him at least one hour daily. She talked to him as if he was conscious, replying to every question of hers. It was just a few days back, when a wardboy showed carelessness in shaving his face, she took matter in her own hands. She herself trimmed his beard and kept him well groomed.