Chapter 48

It was night. Sanskar was sleeping when his phone rang.

"Hello!"

"Sir! We have got a lead. These people are after you once again!" It was Ramesh who was speaking, "Sir! Please cancel your name from Delhi mission! They have some full proof plan to kill you!"

Sanskar had to go to Delhi for an important mission. There was a meet up of various international leaders.

"Ramesh! I can't back off. They will kill somebody else then!"

"Sir but... " Ramesh tried to intervene.

"Ramesh! I have seen death very closely and I am not afraid of it now. If my time comes than nobody can save me and if it's not my time, then nobody can kill me! So don't worry!"

Though he assured Ramesh, his heart got a little restless. He had to leave early morning. So he got up from bed and went straight to Ashna's room. Lovingly he caressed her hair. Planting the kiss on her forehead, he looked at other two children sleeping peacefully. Giving them all the blessings he had, he moved out of the room.

Coming back to his room, he saw Swara's photograph. He so much wished her to be with him right now. He was not afraid of dying. But if he died in this mission, the failure of not being able to earn forgiveness from his wife will haunt his afterlife too.

Laksh dropped him to the airport.

"You are looking tensed. Is everything fine?" Laksh asked.

Sanskar told him everything. With each detail, laksh looked at him more anxiously.

"You will be fine bhai!" Laksh tried to assure him.

"I will try to come back unharmed. For you all!" Sanskar smiled warmly.

"I missed you so much when you were in coma! You have to come back in a good shape!" Laksh said.

"I know everything Laksh! Remember, just a fact of medical science I am telling you, people know what is happening even in their comatosed state!"

Laksh was confused at this statement. And then, he understood a little.

"I will tell you when I will come back! Otherwise ask Dr. Rajat!"

"You will come back to break this suspense, idiot!" Laksh said and hugged him. He waved him good bye.

Sanskar messaged Swara about the mission cleverly hiding about the fact that his own life was in danger. But got no reply. It took three hours for him to reach Delhi. As soon as he switched on his phone again, he searched for Swara's reply. There was no reply still. A feeling of deep hurt encovered his heart. He wanted to talk to Swara once before mission started. But as if God snatched that right from him too.

Accepting this as his fate, he went to look at the security arrangements. Greeted warmly by people present there, he saw trust in their eyes.

"Sir! Please have some lunch!" Ramesh was trying to force him. But Sanskar was not feeling like. He was craving for anything that had been cooked by Swara.

Ali was noticing him since morning. He sensed his turmoil.

"Sir! Just make a video call to ma'am!" Ali said.

"Nah! She must be busy! I don't want to spoil her trip!" Sanskar said with a smile.

Ali nodded. In his heart, he prayed for the mission to be successful and Sanskar to be unharmed. Suddenly his phone rang. He took the call and came back after sometimes, with a smile on his face .

Sanskar's urge to talk to Swara was increasing. He dialed her number many times but it was unreachable.

The importance of her presence, her voice, her fragrance, was getting thousand folds.