24

jay hyung <3

jayinus:
hey jungwon! if you're
free, would you like to
get ice cream with me today?

teddywon:
oh hi jay!! i thought you were busy..
are you sure you're able to
take time out of your schedule? :>

jayinus:
yep im sure don't worry wonnie!
i cleared my schedule for
today so i'm totally free :)

teddywon:
then i'd love to get ice cream
with you! i'm free anytime today 🙈

jayinus:
great! i'll text you the
location, i'll see you in an hour !

jungwon was sitting on the park bench, waiting for jay to arrive. he'd be lying if he said he wasn't at all nervous. his hands were trembling and his heart was beating at a ridiculously fast pace. he thought he'd be fine when meeting or talking with jay because he's spoken with jay a couple of times.

"hey, jungwon." someone called out from behind him. he jumped slightly startled and was met with jay now in front of him. "h-hey jay! how are you!?" jungwon stumbled over his words, his voice coming out much louder than what he had thought.

jay laughed, sitting down next to jungwon on the bench. "im pretty good. it's nice to finally get a break from my hectic schedule. i haven't gone out to get ice cream like this in a long time." jay sighed in content, seeming genuinely relaxed.

jungwon smiled small, staring at jays delicate and relaxed features. "how about you jungwon? you doing okay lately?" jay asked, looking over at jungwon. jay noticed that jungwon was staring and he couldn't help but chuckle.

jungwon was embarrassed that he was caught staring. he couldn't help it, though. jay had his mask down and he looked more handsome up close. once composed, he answered — "i-i'm okay, thanks. just a little nervous i guess haha.." jungwon said, awkwardly.

"you don't gotta get nervous, we're friends now." jay assured, trying to ease the younger boys nerves. jungwon tried his best not to look or sound too nervous but he really couldn't help it.

"hey," jay started, standing up. "let's go get some ice cream, yeah? that ice cream stand down there is really good." jay said, grabbing jungwons hand to help him up.

jay noticed that jungwons hand was really sweaty and shaky but he decided not to mention it to not make the boy further nervous and embarrassed. instead, he smiled warmly at jungwon and slung his arm around his shoulder. "let's go!"

jay lead the way to the ice cream stand and with every step they took, more people began to enter the park and he started to grow worried. jungwon lightly tugged on jays shirt, "there's a lot of people here and i don't want you getting recognized.. are you sure we should be out here?" jungwon whispered.

jay smiled reassuringly at jungwon, "don't worry jungwon, i won't get noticed. but if this makes you feel better– i'll put on my mask and hat." he said, lifting his mask up and put his hat on. jay pinched jungwons cheek and went to walk towards the ice cream stand.

"what flavour do you want?" jay asked and jungwon pondered. he liked a lot of flavours and it was hard to pick just one. "i'll get whatever you're getting." jungwon said and jay chuckled. "alright! two strawberry ice creams please. extra sprinkles for my friend over here."