26

"alright! i got the popcorn, let's get this party started!" jake said excitingly, emerging from the kitchen with bowls of popcorn. jake handed jay and jungwon a bowl for them to share, and a bowl for everyone else to share.

"what movie are we watching?" jake asked, taking a seat next to sunghoon, a bowl of popcorn in his lap. "insidious unfortunately." sunghoon replied with his arms crossed and an uninterested look on his face. jake just chuckled at sunghoon and ruffled his hair. "you scared?~" jake asked sunghoon, still ruffling the others hair.

sunghoon grumbled and swatted jakes hand away. "yeah and what about it. insidious should be taken off the face of the internet." sunghoon said honestly and everyone just laughed.

sunoo got up and shut the lights off and heeseung began the movie, the scary and eerie music already having jungwon on edge.

20 minutes into the movie and jungwon was gripping his sweater sleeves, his knuckles turning white from squeezing his sleeves too hard. every once in a while jay would look over at jungwon and see how his brows were constantly creased and his lips were in a straight line. he knew he was scared but he didn't want to ask, he didn't want to make him embarrassed.

sunoo and niki were hugging eachother, popcorn on the floor and absolutely terrified. heeseung was just laughing at the two terrified boys, totally unfazed from the movie playing on the tv. jake was side hugging sunghoon, knowing the other was frightened from the movie.

no matter how scared jungwon was, he couldn't take his eyes off from the tv screen. he'd occasionally cover his eyes whenever there was jump scares. jay couldn't help himself from constantly looking over at jungwon. he looked on edge and honestly looked like he was on the verge of tears. jungwon then jumped from a jump scare and he looked terrified.

jay took a deep breath, in and out. he hesitantly snaked his hand on jungwons lap and intertwining their hands, rubbing his thumb in jungwons hands comfortingly in hopes of easing jungwons nerves. jungwon jumped from the sudden contact. he looked down and saw jay holding his hand, and he began sweating. was it weird that he liked holding jays hand?

he looked from his hand to jays face and jay was staring. jungwon blinked, trying to adjust from looking at the bright tv screen to jays face consumed in the darkness of the room.
jungwon was glad it was dark, he just knew if the lights were on his face would he beat red. jungwon looked away, completely flustered. he smiled, though. he felt way more relaxed w

"looks like i won the bet." jay whispered to jungwon with a fond smile.

jungwon was glad it was dark. he just knew if the lights were on everyone would be able to see that his face would he beat red.

jungwon looked away, completely flustered. he smiled, though. even though he lost the bet, he didn't really care. it felt nice having his hand held by jay. he likes the warmth and the way jays thumb would once in a while caress his hand.

after a bunch of jump scares and yelps from sunghoon, the movie was over. sunoo fell asleep on nikis shoulder and heeseung was just taking a picture of the tears running down sunghoons face.

jay was still holding jungwons hand but no one seemed to have noticed. "you okay?" jay whispered and jungwon nodded with a small smile on his face. "i'm okay, thanks." jay nodded in response, giving jungwon a charming smile back.

"since i lost the bet, what do you want me to do? cook, clean?"

jay laughed and shook his head with a smile. "of course i wouldn't ask you to clean or cook for me, silly." jay said, still laughing. jungwon laughed as well. jays laugh was always so contagious. jay stopped laughed and cleared his throat, slightly squeezing jungwons hand