Part One - Chapter Twenty: Happy First Anniversary

Eliana padded down the steps of the house as she hurried to answer the door, she had the day off and she was excited; today was the anniversary of when she and Cristiano had started dating. 

Eliana couldn't believe that it had been an entire year since the couple had gotten together, things had been so busy recently that she had almost been worried that she wouldn't be home for their anniversary. 

Opening the front door, Eliana smiled as she was greeted by the delivery man; she quickly signed for the delivery before she was handed over a beautiful bouquet of flowers. 

Eliana smiled reaching for the note that had come with them, she had no doubts that her gift was from Cristiano; she had a feeling that he had big plans for their anniversary. 

Cristiano had been pleased to find out that Eliana had a couple of days off, she wasn't due to leave for another photoshoot for another few weeks and he hoped that things would settle down soon. 

Tanya seemed so eager to get Eliana out of the country so much and Cristiano was beginning to hate his girlfriend's agent; she was making things so difficult for him recently. 

Eliana opened up the small card that had come with the flowers and smiled to herself recognising her boyfriend's handwriting; she moved to put the flowers in some water before she turned her full attention to the note. 

"Happy Anniversary Eliana... be ready at eight so I may take you to dinner, love Cristiano," Eliana whispered reading the note, she had no idea what her boyfriend had planned for their anniversary but she had a feeling that he would be pulling out all of the stops. 

Eliana chewed on her lip and peeked up at the clock, she had no idea what to wear and she was going to need some help; Eliana quickly picked up her phone and headed upstairs, calling Behati as she did so.

***

Cristiano grinned as he knocked on the front door of his home, he knew that Eliana would be ready by now and he was looking forward to having the evening with his girlfriend; he had planned everything perfectly for their anniversary. 

Eliana didn't take long to open the door, she grinned at Cristiano as she stepped out in her ivory V-neck embellished vest top and white bootcut trousers paired with silver wedge sandals that Behati had helped her pick out for the evening. 

"You look beautiful," Cristiano whispered stepping forward and kissing his girlfriend, he was thrilled that they had made it one whole year and proved so many people in his life wrong. 

Eliana smiled when they pulled apart and made sure that she had her silver lurex kimono and her gift for Cristiano before she stepped out of the house; it had been a beautiful day in Madrid but that didn't mean that it couldn't get cold as the evening set in. 

"How was your day?" Cristiano asked leading his girlfriend over to the car, he had so much planned for this evening and he couldn't wait to get started; he wanted to show Eliana how much he loved her. 

Eliana smiled looking to Cristiano as he opened her door for her, she was sure that had sent the entire day making sure that this evening was perfect for them and she would be happy with whatever he did for her. 

"It was good, I got some very beautiful flowers," Eliana said kissing Cristiano's cheek, she was sure that this was the first of many and she hoped that she was right. 

Cristiano was such a big part of her life now and she couldn't bear the thought of being parted from him now.

***

"Okay this isn't what I was expecting," Eliana murmured confused following her boyfriend through the corridors of the Santiago Bernabéu, she had no idea what they were doing at the stadium and was suddenly glad that she hadn't chosen to wear high heels. 

Cristiano chuckled reaching back and taking his girlfriend's hand, he hadn't wanted them to be harassed by paparazzi or fans on their anniversary so had pulled in a couple of favors to make this happen. 

"I thought we could use the privacy," Cristiano mused leading Eliana out onto the pitch and allowing Eliana to see just what he had planned for them; the pitch was covered in candles and there was a table for two sat in the centre ready for the couple. 

Eliana gasped and clapped a hand over her mouth, she felt butterflies fill her belly at the thought that Cristiano had done this for her; she glared at her boyfriend when he laughed at her a little. 

"You like?" Cristiano asked turning to face Eliana, it had taken most of the day to get this ready and he seriously owed Kaka for helping him think of this. 

Eliana nodded her head, she had no idea what to say and she knew that Cristiano had worked so hard; she wrapped her arms around her boyfriend and gave him a kiss instead. 

Cristiano chuckled and brushed his fingers through her hair, he had no idea what he would have done if Kaka hadn't suggested this; he was going to have to find a way to thank his friend. 

"Do you want your gift now or later?" Cristiano asked leading Eliana over to the table, the couple had agreed to a one present rule for their anniversary since they had struggled with what to get each other for presents. 

Eliana nodded her head eagerly, she had worked hard to find Cristiano a gift for their anniversary and she was curious about what Cristiano had gotten her for their anniversary. 

Cristiano grinned helping Eliana to sit down before he fished out a box from his jacket pocket and set it in her hands; he had been pleased when he had found her his gift.

Eliana raised an eyebrow at her boyfriend before she moved to open the box to reveal the 9ct yellow gold ruby and diamond drop earrings that she had been looking at weeks ago. 

Cristiano smiled watching his girlfriend, he had seen her eyeing them and hadn't been able to resist picking them up for her; he knew that she liked them and he hoped that he had gotten them right. 

"How?" Eliana asked looking at her boyfriend, she couldn't believe that he had gotten them for her and she hadn't even thought about them in weeks; she had seen them one day when they had met up for lunch. 

Cristiano shook his head, he knew that it didn't really matter how he had gotten them for her only that he had; he thought they would look beautiful on her. 

Cristiano's gift suddenly made Eliana a little nervous about her own, she'd had no idea what to get Cristiano when he seemed to have anything and Rosie had only suggested that she use her Victoria Secret member card to get some extra sexy lingerie for the day.

Cristiano chuckled at how nervous his girlfriend looked, he didn't care what she had gotten him as long as it was from her; he was thrilled when Eliana handed over his gift to reveal the navy Williams & Brown London tie with matching blue enamel cufflinks. 

"They're wonderful amor... I'll think of you whenever I wear them," Cristiano reassured, he loved her gift and he knew he wasn't the easiest person to buy for; he was happy and that's what mattered to him right now. 

Eliana was the best thing that had ever come into Cristiano's life and he hoped that she was here to stay, he loved her more than anything else.