Chapter 16

I know I said I wouldn't update this weekend but I honestly have nothing else to do, and it's only Thursday evening so why not? But I really won't be able to update this weekend so enjoy this lonely chapter.

Hope:

For my first mission, I decided to look good instead of comfortable. If fighting is needed, that's mainly what Jane and Alec are for. Jane can inflict pain to stun, and Alec's black mist can kill anyone or anything's senses, making them completely vulnerable, almost paralyzed. So I dressed sexily to lure this vampire in.
Turns out his name is Daryl Haskins, a vampire who has been around for at least ninety years, and has killed a minimum of five humans, all women under the age of thirty and over the age of nineteen.

When I finished getting dressed, in my usual all black, I met up with the three chosen guard members I picked to go on this mission with me. Alec, Jane, and Demetri. While Heidi's charm is useful, I could lure him myself and Demetri's an excellent tracker, and the twins are good at stunning and disabling victims.
I entered the throne room where we said we'd meet and the kings were already in there.

"Ah, good evening Hope," Aro greets. I smile back in acknowledgement and then focus more on the twins and Demetri.
"We all ready to go?"

"Yup," Jane replies. "This is going to be exciting."

"No offense Jane, but up until I got here I thought you were a real bitch."

"No offense taken, I hated you when you disabled my gift."

"In which case you're both even, now get back on task," Demetri rolls his eyes. Okay cocky asshole.

"Glad to see all of you getting along," Aro chuckles, "now don't fail us Hope. This vampire has violated the laws, and has killed innocent people. He is to be tried, so he needs to be brought back here alive."

"Yes sir," I reply obediently. As long as I wasn't being used for my gifts and abilities, and treated respectfully, I could probably adjust a little comfortably with this new life. Key word, probably.

"Alright, let's head out, the sun's setting," Demetri says. We begin walking out of the room and towards the elevator but we're stopped.

"Wait, wait," Aro quickly says. "Hope we have a gift for you."
He led us down hallways and to a door, which took us into a dark concreted room. He turned on the light and I squealed in joy.
My light brown mustang, Latte, sat there parked.

"You brought my car!!"
I was so happy I hugged it. It may seem weird to normal people, but living for over a century this car has been the only car I've actually fallen in love with. I had multiple others, a few by which I named Mocha, Caramel, Cocoa, Teddy, and Lovebug or Lovey. Shush, they're cute names okay?
Jane, Alec and Demetri just laughed at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up and get in the damn car, I'm driving. No one ever drives Latte. Ever." As I was getting in, I remembered an important announcement. "Alec gets passenger."

"What?!" Jane replies. "Ugh."
I laughed, and buckled as Alec joined beside me.

"We all may be vampires but it's best to buckle, I'm not trying to get a ticket."
We left for our mission, and I was also happy that my gas tank was full. So I can happily drive for a while before needing to get gas again. I think this would definitely better my relationship with Aro and I could actually start to get used to him, but Caius never. I don't know what's wrong with that one, but he gets on my nerves and gets irritated with me for even the littlest things. At least Marcus is chill, quiet and calm.
We drove for a while, two and a half hours to be more specific, to the only lead we had. Porto Venere, Italy. A small town of only four thousand residents. It's beautiful though, with ports and docks, hotels, and houses, plus the normal Italian agriculture.