Pick?

(Y/N) POV

So much changed. I don't like it one bit. My parents still argue, my dad leaves for a long time, my mom cries a lot, etc. I've been spending a lot of time at Rue's house since my dad doesn't want me in that type of environment even tho they argue a lot here too. I've made friends with Gia, Rue's sister, since Rue hasn't been doing so well. Me and her always hang around Ashtray and Fez. I could tell she likes Ashtray and I was happy for her but something in me felt weird. Like I wanted to be happy for her but i'm not.

I was at store when I got a call from my dad. I answered it with excitement since I haven't talked to him in a while. "Hi daddy how are you?" I asked with a smile on my face. My smile drops when I hear arguing. "Come home now." then he hung up. I felt tears come to my eyes. I hate this so much I wish it wasn't like this. I look up and see everyone looking at me. "I have to go." I get up and start to walk away. "Hold up you need a ride or want me to come with you?" Ash asked. I turned and looked at him and gave him a fake smile shaking my head no.

Once I get there from the outside of the door I hear yelling. I took a deep breathe before unlocking the door and walking in. I see my mom yelling at my dad in the living room. I walk into the living room with tears swarming my eyes. "Guys what's wrong?" I asked in a shaky voice. "Oh (Y/n) honey come sit." my mom said trying to calm her voice. Once I sat down my dad turned to me and you could tell my his face he was mad. "Pick me or your mom." he said in a plain bone chilling voice.

My eyes widened. I wouldn't pick and why would they make me pick. They both stared at me. "Why do I have to pick?" I said starting to cry. I hate that I always cry but I can't help it. "Well you probably already know we are splitting up so we're asking who you wanna move with?" my mom asked. My brain was filled with thoughts and mixed emotions. I didn't know what to do or who to chose and I guess they could tell. "She can go with you." my dad said getting up and leaving before I could get a word out. I looked at my mom and she came and hugged me. I broke down feeling my heart break into so many pieces.

"We're leave tonight I need you to go pack." my mom said in a calming voice. My eyes widened "Wait no why tonight? Where are we going?" I asked. "Back to our hometown." My eyes widened as if they can get any bigger. I didn't say anymore that would be disrespectful so I got up and went to go pack.

3 hours later

I packed most of my things. I didn't want to go say bye to my friends I know it would hurt them. I dragged my suitcases down the stairs and put them in the car. About 15 minutes later we were driving. I saw text coming in from Ashtray and Gia but I just blocked there numbers thinking I wouldn't see them again.

—————————
A/N
THIS ISNT THE END OF THE BOOK I PROMISE but heyy y'all i got a little motivation I've been writing this chapter for a month😀