moving

blue

"are you sure that dad won't be here for a while?" i asked cole.

"yes, he just went out for date night with jasmine. may end up in a hotel my mistake so you're all clear." she replied.

"thank you for the preview." i squeezed my eyes shut. "imma get going then."

i hurried to my room, took out all my suitcases and started stuffing them with my clothes, pillows, blankets, makeup and everything that actually mattered in there. i started looking through all the junk in my closet, when i stumbled upon a plastic bag...

this must have been here for not less that half a decade. my hospital badge, my blanky, tooth brush, hair brush and several other things in there. must have been before i started my chemo, after that i wouldn't dare to touch a brush. i was terrified of running one down my hair and seeing a million hairs tangled in.

i took the bag and stuffed it under my cloths in one of the suitcases and continued packing. "were you crying?" asked cole, standing next to me.

"my eyes have been supper sensitive lately, the air conditioning must have made it tear up." i wiped the tears that i didn't know existed of my face.

"are you done?" she asked.

"yes, i think so." i looked around the room.

"can i come over? i miss you, a lot." said cole, hands crossed, squeezing her left arm.

"yeah, you can come over whenever you want to. you're my sister." i sighed. " just give me a fifteen to
ten minute warning in advance." i winked.

"you're gross." she scrunched up her face.

"i know, now help me get these down stairs. we're using your car to get there, i came in an uber." i ordered.

"where's my please?"

"please and thank you." i fake smiled.

"should i just slide the bags down the stairs?" cole stared at the bottom of the stairs then at my suit cases.

"no, that'll damage my bags." i answered, starting to move one of the bags with me.

"i'm afraid of i don't slide them, i'll be the one that gets damaged." she said.

"then take the one that has my pillows and blankets in it, the hard shell white one. thank you for the help very much." i yelled from the ground floor, starting to go up the stairs once again.

"you're welcome my dear sister."

"you're so annoying."

"just a gentle reminder that you are using my car, so the least you could do is say nice things about me." she replied.

"the least i could do is say please and thank you, which i did. so no need to be nice to you." i started going down the stairs once again.

"i could just not let you take my car." she teased.

"you can't, cause i have the keys." i dead planned.