eve and day

blue

"billie what are you doing?" i asked, crossing my arm on my chest and raising a brow.

"just getting my secret santa gift so we can go." she lied.

"mm." i narrowed my eyes at her. "can you stop trying to find my gift for you and actually get your secret santa gift so we can go?" i sighed.

"fine, get out of the room so i can get the gift, it's in the same place i have your gifts in. i don't want you seeing where i got that hidden." she kicked me out of the room. a few seconds later she opened the door and said, "let's go loser."

"you're the loser but sure." i shook my head as we linked arms to walk over to our front door.

"no you're the loser." she huffed.

"you didn't find the gifts so, you're the loser."

"i'm not the loser."

"you are though." i said as i locked the apartment from the outside.

"i'm not." she huffed. i just shook my head with a smile on my face. "did i tell you, you look so fucking beautiful today?"

"i tired." i could feel my cheeks heat up. "it's getting harder... to do things." i kept a smile on my face to try and make her feel like it's okay, because it kind of is. i'm okay as in i've accepted my fate, but it's not okay that i'm dying and leaving everyone behind and i'm gonna suffer and make everyone around me suffer because of that. does that make sense?

billie had the same broken smile on her face. she didn't respond to what i said, and i don't blame her. if i were in her shoes i wouldn't know what to say or do either.

"i love your hair, you should let it be all messy like this more." i said once we reached the elevator and got in.

"really? so i should just live with my bed head all day everyday? cause that would be such a time saver." billie said.

"but that's not your bed head hair though. you have some product in the and it's definitely styled that way." i raised a brow.

"we'll yeah, but i can still get away with not styling my hair, because now people will think that i meant for it to be that way." she said as the exited the elevator, holding my hand.

"i guess, but someday you won't be able to go out with your bed head because it might look atrocious. then what will you do?" i asked.

"i'll just take a shower and style my hair normally. but what i'm saying is if i got the opportunity to take advantage of my hair after waking up from sleep i would." she explained.

"okay, then i'm with you on that." i nodded once and opened the passenger seat door after billie unlocked the car.

"who's secret santa are you?" billie smirked.

"i'm not telling you."

"why not!" she said.

"because, that's against the rules of secret santa."

"is it me? is that why you don't want to tell me who?"

"i'm not saying anything." i laughed.