(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱) airport arrivals

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

CHECKING OUT OF THE HOTEL WAS FAIRLY easy, they'd stayed one night less than they'd payed for but Este wasn't too bothered about getting the money back. She had to sign some papers and write a review at the front desk where she just scribbled everything that they'd want to hear so they could get out of there.

Bella had gotten changed again when she arrived back at the room. Apparently Charlie Swan had called Bella's mom but everything was fine. Renee was still in Florida with her husband Phil and therefore out of harms way. Bella had managed to convince her mom that there was no reason to panic and run back to Arizona any time soon.

However Bella looked different when Este arrived back in the room. She'd packed her bag and was sitting waiting beside Alice who was still lost in her own thoughts. Bella's eyes were on the phone sat on the coffee table in front of her. She sat staring at it as though waiting for it to ring but Este wasn't aware they were expecting a call.

Este supposed Bella was tired of all this, she would be too. Bella had probably lead a very normal life before this point and now she was being hunted by a ruthless vampire who wanted to kill her due to the connection she had with a young vampire and his family. It was all very surreal, for Bella anyway.

"Their flight gets in at three so we've got two hours" Este stared at her watch, "we might as well just get there now"

"Everything's sorted?" Alice asked, "with the hotel?"

"Yeah everything's fine" Este nodded, "Rosalie's staying behind to look over Charlie but the rest are on their way. Soon as they get here we're sending someone to Florida to check on Renee, since we have no idea where either James or Victoria are at the moment"

"Can you give this to my mom" Bella spoke suddenly. Este stared at her in confusion, she was holding a piece of folded paper in her hands, "it's just a letter to let her know I'm alright"

"You just spoke to her?" Este frowned.

"I know but she worries so much" Bella explained very quickly, "I can't deliver the letter myself if I'm going away and I don't know when I'm going to be able to see her—"

"We'll give her it" Alice replied, taking the paper from Bella carefully as Este stared at her skeptically. Alice placed the paper in bag without looking at it and then the conversation was done. Este had more questions but she decided not to press the matter.

They paced down the stairs and back into the car park. Este placed Bella's bag in the trunk, sliding into the drivers seat as Alice made sure Bella got into the car alright. The intoxicating scent of Bella's blood filled the vehicle. Este's knuckles turned white on the steering wheel in front of her as she stared up at the night sky. Two hours, that's all she had left.

As soon as the sound of Alice's seat belt clicked, Este pulled out of the car park and hit the freeway. Car lights blurred past the windows as Bella rested her head gently on the glass and started out at the life around them. Este went as fast as she possibly could, yet again swerving in front of cars as she went. Her foot was on the floor, her mind engaged completely towards getting to the airport.