(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨) romeo, romeo

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

THE CULLENS WERE MORE THAN happy to see Estella and Carlisle returned. Emmett had picked them up from the airport and the second that Este had opened the front door, Alice had been there hugging and greeting her with a large smile on her face.

Despite knowing everything that had happened since they'd been away, including the boring details that weren't entirely necessary to talk about, they'd been forced to sit together in the living room to hear a run down of everything they'd done including a dramatic live recreation of how Emmett had faced off against a fierce mountain lion. Este didn't mind, she smiled the entire time they talked.

Bella arrived sometime during their conversation, apparently this had been a regular thing since she had returned from Arizona. Rosalie was instantly annoyed, complaining how she'd disrupted the return of Este and Carlisle. Edward had run to answer the door with a smile he was unable to prevent.

"Right well I wanted to go out anyway" Rosalie muttered as she got to her feet.

"Oh come on Rose, you don't need to hide away from your own home" Este frowned.

"I can't be here when she is, I'm sorry" Rosalie shrugged, she looked hopefully towards Emmett who jumped up immediately, slinging his arm around his wife's shoulders as the two of them left through the back door.

Bella walked past the living room with Edward, hands entwined. Bella was leant slightly against his shoulder as they walked.

"Not even a hello?" Alice called, "ridiculous"

Bella stopped, evidently not realising that she'd walked past a room full of vampires. This wasn't very shocking considering how quiet vampires could be when they weren't saying anything. They didn't require the constant movements or lack of subtly that humans did.

"Oh, hi" Bella smiled in her usual awkward fashion as she turned and walked towards the door, forcing Edward to follow. Este could tell that Edward was already in the mindset of wanting Bella all to himself. Este remembered a time like that.

"Hi Bella" Este grinned, "how's your summer been?"

"Good thanks" Bella replied, "got back from Arizona a week and a bit ago, nice to see my mom. Other than that I've just been hanging around here most of the time, how was your holiday?"

"Oh it was perfect" Este replied, "the island is absolutely gorgeous, you'll have to see it one day"

"Woah woah woah" Alice turned to her very quickly, "how come I've never seen it?"