Chapter 44. Peliodas!

~No one's P.O.V~

Blue Demons with wings of darkness circled the night sky. Their red eyes pierced through any shadows ahead of them. Beneath the feared creatures, horses pulled carriages in the form of wooden cages, filled with Humans - Travelers. Around them, captured Humans were tied to the bars of the carriages by one arm, while the other held up torches to light their path. Blue Demons were crawling by their sides, keeping their glowing eyes on them to stop them from even attempting an escape.

"Hey." A man in one of the many cages muttered, "Do you have any idea of what's going to happen to each one of us?" The man questioned, giving a side-glance to the man sitting beside him, who looked like he had lost the will to live already.

"We're all gonna be fed to the Demon Race." The man answered himself with a smile, looking out at the Demons with a crazed grin, he started laughing like a maniac, curling up into a ball while doing so.

"Mommy..." A child whimpered as her mother pulled her to her side to make her look away and covered her ears.

"Don't say that! Stop laughing!" Another man stood up, his white tunic already torn from when he first got captured. However, his laughing only increased and got louder. The frightened man proceeded to stand up in the cage, both hands pulling harshly on his own hair, "No! I don't wanna die! Somebody save us!" The man turned around and grabbed the wooden bars of the cage they were in, and with wide eyes, he was about to call out once more.

But he never got the chance to. Black claws of a Blue Demon dug into the side of his head slowly, pressing him against the bars while pressing deeper into him. Just as the Demon was about to thrust its claws through the side of the man's head, its arm was cut off clean, making it stumble back with a screech.

"There's children, you scum." Before the Blue Demon could form any kind of attack to throw at the girl with her back turned, the upper half of another Blue Demon fell down on top of it from the sky, "Close your eyes for a moment, okay Kiddo?"

A small smile plastered on her lips when the child nuzzled deeper her head into her mother's side, her eyes closed tightly.

"Let's make this nice and easy then." The girl pulled her blade from its scabbard, letting out a tired sigh as she did so, and turned to the approaching Blue Demons that both came charging at her from the ground and dived down from the sky.

It was so tiresome.

So boring.

To the point where she had started blacking out.

It had been roughly three- Maybe four weeks.

Since the end of Fraudrin.

Since her breakdown with Meliodas.

Since she had parted with them.

She had made a huge effort to make a promise to return when they found it to be needed. And Yakul had been left with them for the remaining of the Seven Deadly Sins to send him if they needed to know her whereabouts, wanted to check in on her or did need her back.

Which left her to only be by herself and the voice in her head.

But she did not mind it. After all, she had been the one to come up with the idea of splitting up. Not only was it beneficial, being able to cleanse the Kingdom faster when split up, but she had also found it to be best for herself.