Chapter 7. Memories Of The Lost.

~Lost~

That has been taken away or cannot be recovered.

Y/n's (h/c) hair ruffled in the wind.

Her back leaning on the rough bark of the large oak tree in the middle of the place she called home. Little Yakul laying beside her, her hand ever so softly combed through his thick fur.

The sound of newly hatched dragons playing in the surroundings made a smile come to her lips.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Igneel's voice sounded beside her. The large dragon was laying with his front legs crossed, he head up to look at his kingdom.

"It is." She agreed, opening her (e/c) eyes to reveal them burning with passion and happiness. Her hand moved from Yakul, who had been lulled to sleep, and into the green grass.

Her fingers played with the straws, pulling softly on a few of them, "It's a shame others want to destroy it." She mumbled. Her eyes no longer burning, but seeming duller.

"Dad?"

After a few seconds of silence, Igneel replied to Y/n's troubled call, "Yes, Princess?"

"The entire world think that... Dragons are monsters, but..." She crossed her arms over her chest, sitting up straight, "If they want to destroy this..." She started, gesturing to the beautiful area that could've been taken right out of paradise, the Dragons playing in the water, along with the beats of wings from the ones flying in the air.

Fruit growing on the tree and bushes, animals living as one. She looked up at her father, a saddened frown on her features, "Our home... Then aren't they monsters?"

Igneel sighed, using his claws to lift her into his embrace without hurting her, "It's all about your point of view." He started to explain, his yellow eyes staring down at her, "They see us as the bad guys, just like we see them as bad for now."

The girl pouted while humming, tilting her head a little to look up at her father, "Then, can't we change their point of view?"

"That would be a troublesome task." Igneel replied, looking down at his daughter with saddened eyes when they caught sight of her dark markings running along her arm, "But I'm sure you could pull it off."

~No one's P.O.V~

"Out of bed, you slackers!" Hawk's high-pitched voice sounded from down the stairs.

"Damn it, why do you have to be so loud?" Y/n groaned, awoken from her comfortable sleep on the floor, cuddling with Yakul.

There had been a fight the day before, discussion about where she was supposed to sleep. Or rather, who got to sleep in the same bed as her.

She didn't give two shits, so she went to sleep with Yakul. Y/n yawned, getting up from her spot, Meliodas and Elizabeth soon coming down the stairs, sitting by the table with food.

"About Sir Meliodas, perhaps you can tie him up a bit looser next time?" Elizabeth questioned Hawk while Meliodas pulled out a chair for Y/n to sit on beside him, "He can't get a good night's sleep like that."