Chapter 16. The Fragments.

~Fragment~

A small part broken off or separated from something

~No one's P.O.V~

"Are you leaving us already?" Y/n asked the male before her, "Why don't you stay for a drink?" She asked, placing one hand on her hip while holding her other hand towards him as a gesture.

"Thanks, but I won't trouble you any longer. Seeing you again is enough." Cain smiled at the girl before him, shuffling with the cloak wrapped around him, he straightened his hand towards her, something wrapped in white cloth in his hand, "I have this for you."

"Barzard, you know that I'm not that happy with gifts." The girl rubbed the back of her head.

"That may be, but I wish for you to finally have it." He told the girl, who nodded with a sigh through the nose and took it in her hands.

With a smile, Cain was about to turn away before he got reminded of something, "One last thing before I go. Keep in mind that if you're seeing traces of Liz whenever you look at that princess..." He trailed off, not knowing how to say what he wanted with the right words, "Well, never mind. Until we meet again, Y/n!"

"Take care, Barzard!" Y/n called after the leaving man, who held his hand up as if waving as he walked away.

She looked down at the clothed gift in her hands, knowing exactly what is within it.

Her eyes saddened.

~No one's P.O.V~

Walking back to the group of Sins and the Princess, Y/n caught the question that left Elizabeth's mouth, "Have I met Y/n before, too, by any chance?"

"Well, yeah." She answered, gaining the attention of the group. They watched as she made her way over to them, one hand in her pocket, the other holding onto the white cloth containing a gift, "So, anyways, Gowther..." She turned her attention to the pink haired male, "Want to join up with us?" Y/n asked, unaware of the fact that it had already been asked.

"I'll agree to it." Gowther answered with a small nod, "It was the king who appointed me to the Seven Deadly Sins. So the least I can do in return is to submit to his daughter's wishes."

"Great!" Meliodas grinned, holding his hands up, "And with you, our Seven Deadly Sins count is up to five, let's get drunk to celebrate!" The blond man cheered, followed by Ban.

"Well, we would've done that anyway, but I'm in." King said, deadpanning.

~No one's P.O.V~

Y/n had made her way to the inside of the tavern, freshly made dishes of delicious goods made by none other than Ban standing on the counter. Waiting to be taken outside by the Sins.

She hummed, the gift in a white cloth still held tightly in her hand. She made her way around the counter, and out to the storage room, humming as she looked around at the various ingredients and different ale.

With her attention fully on the shelfs, she couldn't help but suck in her breath, her head snapping down to the creaking wooden floor. Pulling her left foot back to her right, Y/n noticed the the wooden plank was slightly risen above the others.