7: Tamaranean

It had been several months since Y/n and Saiki had first become friends. It was Mid-August and Kusuo's Grandparents had come down to visit him for his birthday. The Tamaranean Princess didn't know of his birthday or his grandparents existing, so she was oblivious to the two older people standing outside of the house while the doorbell rang. She answered, thinking it was the mailman.

"Good morning~" She cheered, stopping when she saw the two elderly folk standing there, "Who are you?"

"Do Kurumi and Kuniharu Saiki live here?" The old woman asked sweetly.

Y/n nodded, "What do you want with Kuru-chan and Haru-chan?"

"Let me in to see my Grandson and my daughter!" Kumagoro shouted.

Y/n recoiled, slamming the door shut and flying up the stairs to shake Kurumi awake.

"Kuru-chan! Kuru-chan!" Y/n cried, "There's people down stairs saying the know you! One of them is really mean!"

"Oh, Y/n-chan. Those are my parents."

-----------

Y/n sat on the couch, Kusuo was out buying some more coffee jelly while his parents set up the house for his birthday.

"Y/n should we invite Kusuo's friends?" Kuniharu asked.

"No way. Kusuo would be really mad, he would want to spend his birthday with the most important people. That's his family, he'd be happy with just you guys. But, he thinks Raven is cool? Maybe he'd be okay with her, I think.." Y/n trailed off.

Kurumi gave the girl a soft look, "Come to think of it Y/n-chan. When is your birthday?"

The girl looked surprised at the question. She scratched at her arms, "My birthday isn't on the human calender. So, I kind of don't have one."

Kumi gasped, in the last thirty minutes the old woman had grown to like Y/n.

"Oh, you poor sweet girl," The woman coddled her closely and pinched her cheeks.

Kusuo walked inside at that exact moment.

"It's fine, I don't mind it really. I've never had a birthday party before, so it doesn't matter at all. I'm just glad to be here on earth."

Yes, the grandparents knew about Y/n being an Alien. Kusuo had let them know about his powers, so Kurumi saw no issue with them knowing of Y/n's bloodline well, as much as the ravenette woman knew.

"You don't have a birthday?"

"No, is it really that big of a problem, Sai-kun?"

"Not really. It doesn't matter too much to me, but if I know mom she's going to force you into sharing a birthday with me and you know how she goes all out."

"I understand. I really don't get you earthlings and the birthday obsession."

"Is it not like that on Tamaran?"

"We value feelings and friendships more than ourselves."

The family sat there in awkward silence, as Kusuo and Y/n stood there. Just looking at each other without saying a word.

"Kuu?" Kurumi called out to the boy as Kumagoro internally sighed at his Grandson's "cute" blank expression.

"That's it. We're sharing a birthday, that's just stupid."

"uhm, okay? Tamaranean's just love other's more, why would you do this because of that?"

"I'm being a Tamaranean today. I'm putting my friend over myself."

No one understood why Y/n went red. But, they figured Kusuo had something to do with it. The girl just stayed still as Kusuo walked away, her heart pounding right out of her chest. No one had said anything like that to her before.

"Y/n-chan? Kuu? What happened?!" Kurumi and her mother whined in unison. Both Kumagoro and Kuniharu comforting their wives.

"Best..."

"Best?" The entire room anticipated the rest of her sentence.

"Birthday.. Ever..."

Y/n floated back up to her room to throw on some more comfortable clothes over her armor. Her and Saiki were going out today.