20: Dreamy II

Mark sat on Y/n's bed, a small smile on his face as he undid the intricate braids of his friend's hair. Raven laid silent in his lap, her eyes glued to a spell book.

"Doesn't it make you wonder, dove?" Mark muttered to himself, as he used his fingers to untangle knots in the long strands of pink.

"Hm? What do you mean? What exactly am I wondering about?" Y/n replied, her bangs tickled the sides of her face. Blackfire always wanted Y/n to be perfect, her hair, her smile. Everything about her.

She had to be a carbon copy of Blackfire's idea of perfection, so she could be sold off without a hitch to a man or a woman of esteemed power. So Blackfire could worm her way in to other planets, kill the suitor or suitress and take over the planet until Y/n was 'of age'.

Which Y/n would never be 'of age' because Blackfire would never let her be a ruler. When Blackfire had no use for Y/n, she would toss her and marry The Grand Sage.

Grand Sage Kusuo Saiki was exceedingly beautiful, he was refined and graceful. He excelled in all areas of Magic, his power rivaled Blackfire's and the Empress had convinced herself that she must marry him to continue her empire.

Like many of the other women of Earth, Y/n and Blackfire had their deep love for Saiki in common. But, for obviously varying reasons. Blackfire loved Kusuo's power, and Y/n loved Kusuo's kindness.. he hid it quite well behind a mask of irritation, but she had deduced he was truly good. He was always the first to help another, even if he seemed like he didn't want to, he was always there for the people he loved and if his smile didn't make her heart do some odd combination of cartwheels and back-hand springs.

He was perfect.

"Y/n? Helloooo!" Victor snapped his fingers in front of Y/n's face, "Dinner is served!"

"Somebody was thinking about the Grand Sage~" Raven wiggled her eyebrows.

Beast boy snickered, his lashes fluttering as he impersonated Y/n around Saiki.

"Oh, Lord Kusuo! It brings me nothing but the greatest heartache to be in presence, knowing only that we cannot be wed!"

"Quiet!" Y/n shouted with red cheeks.

"Y/n, wake up!" A voice calls out from the nothingness that hovers above the room, for their is no ceiling, only a field of stars that dance and shine like those of the night sky.

Y/n does not listen, though her friends seem uneasy by this decision; "I do not want to wake up just yet."

They ignore the thought, but it resonates deeply within. She is too caught up in this fantasy to be awake. Kusuo is waiting. The Grand Sage is waiting for her...