chapter 22- tension/ on edge

Max p.o.v.

We has been here living in this house for a week. Damien, Keaton, lucy and Jack are on the way around. I have been on edge as harper has been having what at first we thought was real contractions but turned out apparently its Braxton hicks. However it still has me on edge. I know that her having Braxton hicks just means her body is getting ready fir the real thing but that also means it can be any minute.

I sighed softly but tried to put it to the back off my mind. I groaned pulling at my hair really anxious about anyone being around at the moment. I know it will cool down soon and I know they wouldnt do anything to put Harper or my daughter in danger but it's just my wolf is also on edge which puts me on edge.

The door got knocked on bringing me out my thoughts. I tensed up and seen them all walking in. Harper came downstairs after hearing the door as well.

Lucy walked to my mom and gave her a hug. Surprisingly I was fine by that. Damien was next and again I was fine with that. However Keaton took a step towards her making me growl a warning growl. Keaton froze clearly not expecting it and not knowing what to do.

Everyone seemed to have frozen but I kept my eye on keaton. I heard a threatening growl from the other side of the room making me tear my eyes from keaton and onto the person who growled. Which happened to be damien.

"Don't growl at my mate" damien snarled.

I growled back just as loud.  My wolf trying to take over to keep anyone away from her mate.

I heard harper whimper making my head snap to hers. Instantly my eyes softened.

"What's going on?" Lucy asked confused stepping back in the room from leaving the bathroom. I had not even noticed she left the room to go the bathroom.

Myself and damien glared at eachother. You could feel the tension in the room. Keaton went to step closer to damien to calm him down. However damien was near Harper making me snarl. He froze again and stared wide eyed at me. Damien moved to step closer to me.

"I understand that you are being protective over my mom. However you know keaton would never do anything to put her in harm. Do not ever growl at my mate and your luna" damien growled at me in his alpha voice, shaking in anger. I knew if he got more angry he would turn into his wolf.

My head bowed in submission having no choice over his alpha voice. I heard harper whimper. My eyes snapped to her but she wouldn't even look at me. My wolf whined wanting our mate to look at us. My wolf is not much off a speaker and is cold but not towards our mate.

"Go to mate" my wolf whimpered.

I took a step forward needing to be where my mate is but she growled at me as did damien. I snarled not liking he is growling at me when I'm getting to my mate. i whimpered when I realise harper growled at me.

Tears where in harpers eyes and I knew it was partly the hormones but also because of what happened. I whimpered again.

"Baby come here." I said softly as I can. Still on edge.

She whimpered but didn't move. I growled warningly at her making her growl back. Normally she would just come to calm me down no matter how bad our arguments get so I know I have really upset her now.