chapter 24- birth

Harper p.o.v.

It's been a week since we had our massive fall out. It was honestly horrible. Luckily myself and max have gone back to being okay.

I dont even know what came over me. I was so angry and hurt but I know I hurt him as well. I didn't mean what I said I didn't even think about how it came out. I'm just glad we are okay now.

I'm due to have our baby girl in one week and I honestly can not wait. I know that max is on edge again his wolf keeps telling him that it's close. He isnt as bad with everyone being around be he is still wary when everyone is around me. Everyone else is also wary around me apart from lucy and damien.

Lucy is on her way over as we decided to have a few hours together but with damien still being in the house of course. Even though I tried telling him to go spend some time with damien he refuses to leave all he says is that she is coming soon.

I sighed to myself and winced when I could feel another braxton hick. However this time today they are more painful I groaned but once it went away I decided to just carry on eating my food.

Max barged in the room.

"What's wtong" he asked with worry.

"Nothing baby" I lied not wanting him to worry over nothing.

"Don't lie to me baby I could feel the pain in our bond" he gritted out.

"Just braxton hicks baby?" I more asked then stated.

He looked at me for a few seconds. Hesitantly he nodded.

"Hungry?" He asked as he watched me shove food in my mouth like I have never been fed before.

I giggled a little.

"Very" I said.

He chuckled. Just then I heard lucy knock on the door before we heard her walk in.

"Hey mom hey dad." Lucy said happily.

I seen max eyes soften at her. They have a really strong father, daughter bond and I love it.

"Hey sweetie " we replied at the same time.

Max kissed her forehead but I kept eating my food to busy feeling like I'm starving. Lucy giggled at me making me playfully glare at her.

For the next hour we talked an laughed. That was until a really painful contraction hit me. I knew it was a contraction this time from what if was like with Lucy and damien. I tried ignoring it before but I know I cant now when I felt water pour out all over the stool I am sat on at the kitchen island.

I groaned from the pain while Lucy and max stared in horror. Groaning again seemed to snap them out  there trance and max jumped up picking me up.

"Fuck let's get you to the infirmary baby" he said panicked.

"Calm down love" I said softly but gritted my teeth from the pain.

He took me straight to the car and drove as quick and carefully as he could to the pack house where the infirmary is.

He picked me up to take me but just as he picked me up I groaned.

"I need to push" I gritted out.

Max eyes widened before rushing more to the infirmary. He burst into the infirmary making a lot of people jump.

"She needs to push" he blurted out.

I would have laughed if I wasn't in pain. Ain't he suppose to tell then I'm in labour?

I groaned again and started screaming while pushing, snapping everyone out there trance.

"Help her" he growled out.

He placed me on the bed and I started pushing. Max whispered sweet things in my ear while I held his hand tight pushing our baby girl out.

"One more push" the doctor said.

"I can't " I whispered to tired to talk loud.

"Yes you can baby. You have got this." He said kissing my head.

I groaned feeling another contraction and screamed loud when I felt a burning feeling down below. With one last finally push i felt her come out and i felt as my body relaxed. No more contractions or pain.

I heard my baby girl cry and she has some good set off lungs. They placed her straight on my chest making me cry of relief and love. I looked over to max who was staring at our baby girl with nothing but love and adoration in his eyes. Tears poured down his face. I smiled up at him and wiped his tears.

"She is an angel". She is so beautiful." He said softly.

"Angel. I like it" I said. He looked confused for a second until realisation came to his face. We kept saying names to eachother all this time and nothing seemed right until now.

"Angel" he said softly with a smile.

"Should we call her that?" I asked nervously as I really like it and think it suits her well.

"I think we should" he says with hope.

"Angel it is" I said softly.

After a while of me holding her it was max's turn. I slowly and carefully put her in his arms and my heart melted. Tears ran down his face. I could see the bond and the love they already have. She opened her eyes making me gasp at how she has the same green eyes as max does. He smiled softly at her and started cooing at her making me melt.

He held her for a while before I fell asleep listening to him speak nothing but soft, loving words to her.