1

(Chapter 1)The birth of the heart

(Chapter 1)
The birth of the heart

~*~
Author POV

The world was one that you knew from your fairy tales. 

But it wasn't one where the happy endings held, instead the tale is only at it's beginning. Yet to unfold.

Aizelyra was a land brought to ruin by the greed not of dragons for gold but by humans for power.

With the great dragons brought to the ground by chains that held them tightly.

But the longer they stayed chained the more their spirits broke, the great and powerful beasts bound to serve their 'superior' being.

But the rumors were spread, the legend told.

*

The world will burst with his arrival.

The birth of a King with a dragon's heart.

His six loyal will bring about the freedom of the oppressed.

And the dragons would know the sky once more.

*

It was a legend all dragons knew, pinned their hopes to. They had nothing else left. Their homes and hordes ransacked and ruined.

Dragons used to have profound bonds with humans. A select few were blessed with the rider mark, a rider mark allowed them to understand the language of the dragons. Though due to the greed of the human King, no dragon would trust a rider again.

Their mind destroyed as they are used as slaves for labor. Forced to complete even the most menial tasks to better the lives of the humans. The great creatures of the sky reduced to embarrassingly overgrown pets.

But each dragon latched onto the legend with claws and teeth, refusing to lose hope. Alive for centuries they were patient, they could wait.

~*~

The farm was quiet as everything rested for the night, falling into the calming lull of sleep. That was said for all, even then the heavily pregnant woman who had lain down on her bed of straw and wood.

Clutching at her belly, protecting her unborn babe as she slept.

The child kicks shown on her skin, he was waiting to be born. Knowing his time was close, his arrival creeping ever nearer. But for now the woman slept on, unknowing of her son's fate that was yet to come.

Written before he was even born into the world.

"Are you alright my dear" a doting husband's hand reached over a no longer narrow waist to rest on a stretched belly. 

"They are quite active tonight" a voice hummed as she tried to lull her babe to sleep from the outside. Humming a song passed down from generation to generation.

Her husband's hand rubbed an aching belly to soothe the babe and relieve the soreness for the mother who carried. 

It was later that night the woman went into labor.

~*~

Crack is the sound the eggs made when they hatched.

As the six loyal awoke from their shell beds.

Forcing their way into the world, beginning the legend. Waiting for the babe to be born to seal the fate of all dragons in the future to come.

They knew, they awoke for him and only him.

As the child made his way into the world his six loyal would wait.

Wait until the day they were to meet and complete their journey to ensure the freedom of all dragons and the ruin of the humans that held them captive.

Their egg shells fell away, their rainbow scales each different from the last. All born with the King's mark on the scale on their foreheads. Marking them out as the six chosen by the fates to serve the King eternal.

"Welcome to the world"

Six pairs of eyes turned their eyes to the guardians tasked to protect them till their time came to begin the journey that would rock the world as they knew it. 

They screeched, high and shrill in greeting. Spreading out leathery wings as they stretched. Barely 30 centimeters high, they were weak, but they would grow to be strong.

A golden hatch ling with green eyes to match, an earthy combination, Hoseok.

A white scaled dragon with blue eyes to contrast, an icy combination, Yoongi. 

A red scaled hatch ling with golden eyes, a fiery storm, Jungkook. 

A blue scaled dragon with coral eyes, a tranquil oceanic combination, Jin.

A purple dragon, with lightning yellow eyes, an electric combination, Taehyung.

Finally a green hatch ling with brown eyes to match, a forest harmony, Namjoon.

Each born unique to one another, from six pairs of parents, long since gone. Waiting for thousands of years for their time to come. To awake to serve their King.

~*~

When the King tore his way into the world.

It was to the loving gazes of the parents who awaited him. Unknowns to them of his fate, of the reasoning around the glowing mark hidden, written on his heart.  

His first cry reached not only the ears of those in the room. 

It was a call.

And the dragons answered.

They roared, the dawn of the 13.

The day their King came.

The humans covered their ears as the dragons raised their great heads to the sky, as they roared in response, their voices blending in harmony with one another. 

Their voices roared 'King' and 'Freedom'.

On the farm in the little house in the country.

The babe opened his eyes to see the world for the first time, sweetly turning his face to the parents who had been chosen for him. Earning his name.

Jimin.

~*~

So first chapter in.

What do we think?

I hope you liked it.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter