(Chapter 20)
The dragon colony

'Normal' - Human tongue
'Dragonese' - Dragon's tongue

~*~

Author POV

Jimin wasn't quite sure how to respond to the statement the dragon pair had declared.

A dragon colony.

Sure he was friends with Taehyung and barely acquaintances with Hoseok, but that didn't mean that he would be able to enter the dragon colony. He was a human, it was a well known fact dragons hated humans, and Jimin could understand why.

But he was no match for the strength that the dragon pair possessed, so they were easily able to pull him across the stone platform and into one of the caves carved into the cliff wall. The dragon pair had to duck their heads as to not allow their horns to drag over the rough walls of the cave.

~*~

They walked through the cave system for what seemed like a few minutes, but the complexity of the twists and turns was enough to make Jimin dizzy and confirm that without the dragon's help he would be able to get back out. 

Finally they walked through a stone archway and into a large room in the cave network. Jimin found his jaw dropping in awe upon the view that greeted him. 

It was a mirage of bright colours that seemed to gleam like precious gems when they were illuminated by the fire in the centre of the room. The scales of the dragons were of the widest variety, all colours of the rainbow and more. 

"Taehyung, Hoseok" a surprised voice called out to them. Jimin was barely able to process what happened.

Because the dragon pair was pulled from his grasp and into the arms of many. They continued to greet the pair with what sounded like relief or at least that is what Jimin thought it sounded like.

But eventually all the greetings came to an end and the attention was turned upon Jimin. The outsider in the mix of fire breathing dragons. 

"What is a human doing here?" one of them hissed.

"No humans allowed" the eyes of the dragons turned upon him, hostile and Jimin could do nothing but shy away.

"It is alright he is my friend, tell them Jimin" Taehyung encouraged him. A wide smile upon his face, it eased Jimin's worry a little, it was good to know he had Taehyung watching out for him. 

"Taehyung is my friend, I am sorry for intruding, I can go" Jimin began to shuffle backwards, not liking all the eyes upon him. Go where he wasn't quite sure since he had flown on Taehyung's back to get there, he would probably get lost in the cave system anyway before he got out.

"You found him" Jimin wasn't quite sure he liked the sound of awe in the dragon's tone.

"Our King". 

Jimin wasn't quite sure what he should have been doing when all of a sudden the dragons all dropped to their knees before him and dipped their heads till their horns clacked against the ground like symphony of applause. 

"It's alright you don't have to bow" Jimin's panic was evident in the quick movement of his hands and the sheer look of terror on his face.

Thankfully they listened and took to their feet once more, Jimin felt the panic lessen in his chest. Sure he had heard Taehyung mention the King of dragons on the occasion but Jimin had expected a big shiny golden dragon or something along those lines. Definitely not this, that was for sure. 

"Come sit, eat" an elderly dragon pulled him along. 

~*~

Jimin sat awkwardly in the circle of dragons around the fire. A roughly carved bowl in his hands containing something hot, he wasn't quite sure of the contents though, but it smelt alright. Taking a few bites was nothing short of awkward as he had about a hundred eyes upon him, seeming to study his every move. Jimin certainly wasn't someone who enjoyed being the centre of attention, at least not like this.

"What did you mean by King?" Jimin tentatively asked. 

That threw the dragon elder into an entire tale of the birth of the dragon King, Jimin was pretty sure his birth hadn't been that eventful, well at least he didn't think it was, but his mother and father may have held back details. But certainly not to this extreme, at least he hoped they didn't, but he didn't interrupt the dragon elder. 

"The chosen are your sworn protectors, they bare the runes and were born on the same day as fate dictated." the dragon elder informed him. 

"Who are my protectors?" he had to quickly switch out the 'the' for 'my' in order not to get on the bad side of the dragons. Though being the King of dragons was a big thing to process, plus he was only a human for goodness sake.

"They are the fated six, Taehyung and Hoseok are two of them" the dragon elder gestured to the pair who were sat by his side. At least Taehyung had the audacity to look a bit sheepish that he had hidden this from Jimin. 

"And the other four?" Jimin dared to ask.

"They are on their way now, I sent out the fastest fliers from our colony to their colonies requesting their presence." the elder informed him. 

"Do you mind if I take a minute?" Jimin asked, the elder nodded eagerly as Jimin stood placing the bowl that he had finished upon the ground. He headed to the entrance that Taehyung and Hoseok had pulled him through earlier.

~*~

He didn't go far as he did not wish to get lost, he merely went around the corner and was quick to dip into a crouch pulling his knees into his chest. Because this was a lot to take in. 

The King of dragons.

This was definitely something he never expected in his life time. But it all made sense the way he could understand the dragons without issue while the other humans around him remained oblivious. How he knew how to fly without the use of a saddle, it was all ingrained into his DNA from day one. 

Did that mean that Taehyung only became his friend as an obligation because it was his duty to be his 'sworn protector'.

He didn't have long to ponder and overthink every moment of his life since he first met Taehyung because he felt a presence standing over him.

"Whatcha doing down there?"

~*~

So Jimin knows the truth.

How would you react if you knew that you were the ruler of all dragons?

Anyway I hope you liked the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,

Winter