(Chapter 26)

(Chapter 26)

The flight of a life time

'Normal' - Human tongue

'Dragonese' - Dragon's tongue

~*~

Author POV

To clear his mind before the final test Jimin called upon Taehyung to go for a fly. They both needed it, Taehyung to spread his wings and Jimin to just relax. The purple scaled dragon was more than eager to oblige, practically dragging Jimin like a ragdoll behind him out of the city walls. 

Taehyung shifted quicker than Jimin could comprehend once they were out of the city walls and in an open grassy area. Jimin scrambled up the dragon's side until he took his customary spot. They took off into the open sky with a whoop of joy from Jimin and a roar of excitement from Taehyung.

Jimin wanted to visit the dragon colonies but he doubted they would be happy that he was going to perform in front of the King in 3 days, so he stayed away not wanting that conversation to be weighing on his mind during the test. He would inform them after regardless of whether he passed or failed. 

The sky encompassed them both, a mirage of blue, Taehyung often flew above the clouds he just preferred it. The clouds were often a dragon's best aid for protection and to keep them hidden from anything hunting them, which was often humans. Not many creatures would take on a dragon.

~*~

Eventually they set down in a open patch in a forest, there was nothing around for miles, well as far as Taehyung could tell with his enhanced vision, so it was safe. One they set down Jimin slid from Taehyung's back and the dragon shifted into his human form.

"I've had a thought" immediately the rumbling tones of the dragon's language rolled from Jimin's tongue. 

"What is it?" Taehyung tilted his head as he crouched down to run his hands through the grass. 

"You mentioned all of the chosen dragon's had a gift right?" Jimin inquired, pacing backwards and forwards slowly in the open area.

"Yes, I have the ability to summon thunder and lightning. What of it?" Taehyung turned his luminous gaze upon Jimin's pacing form. 

"Could you summon them when I am on your back, would I be able to endure it or would it kill me like a regular human?" Jimin posed the question aloud. 

"I am unsure, I am probably amongst the least safe to try with. You should try with Jin he has water which would be safer" Taehyung deliberated for a moment.

"I just thought we should practice and see if I can. We don't know what the King's test will be. What if it is dangerous enough you feel the need to summon lightning?" Jimin proposed, eyes watching every movement Taehyung made.

"I'm not sure" Taehyung shuffled his feet, rubbing at the base of his horns as he clearly was running every outcome in his mind.

"Why don't you summon lightning now? Then I try to touch you, it would only be enough to fill your human body not your dragon one?" Jimin suggested.

"I don't want to hurt you" Taehyung's eyes watered at the idea of causing even the smallest bit of harm to Jimin, he cared for him far too much. 

"I will be fine, we were designed for each other remember." Jimin hoped his smile was convincing, even he wasn't entirely sure of the potential outcome. 

Taehyung's eyes were wide with uncertainty, before they started to glow yellow, clearly he wanted to get it over and done with, not wanting to think anymore. The air seemed to become static, the buzzing crackling sound was present before the lightning struck illuminating Taehyung's whole body.

The lightning seemed to dance over his skin like a second layer, an electrifying encasing. Before his nerves could get the better of him Jimin reached out his hand. Taehyung took one deep breath before he placed his hand in the offered one. 

Immediately the electricity passed through their bodies like they were a live wire, strangely enough Jimin felt no pain, it was almost like the lightning encased him as well, a protective barrier. His grin was matched on Taehyung's face and when they released hands the lightning remained around Jimin. 

Jimin examined his hands fascinated by the lightning but he got the shock of his life when he reached out a hand and the lightning fired off him striking the tree before him and it dissipated around him. With the lightning no longer surrounding him, Jimin examined the damage he had caused, the tree he had hit had gone up in a gulf of flames and toppled over.

"Well that was amazing" was all he could muster.

"How do you feel?" Taehyung's anxious face was suddenly in his peripheral vision, he had dissipated his lightning too, used to the power he possessed.

"Amazing, the lightning didn't hurt it felt almost like it was a part of me. I think I can withstand your powers and the others too. Clearly I can use them too, but it disappeared after that moment" Jimin turned to Taehyung. 

The dragon had brightened up when he realised Jimin had experienced no pain. 

"I think it was mentioned in the prophecy, but I was scared in case it was wrong." Taehyung admitted. Jimin couldn't help it, he went and engulfed the dragon in a hug, it had been a scary moment for them both. 

"I think I can take it when you're are in your dragon form, but we should ask the elders first before we try that. You said they had been there when the prophecy was written perhaps they will have a better insight than us." Jimin suggested, hoping this suggestion would comfort an unsure Taehyung. 

"Yeah, we'll have to go after the test though, I fear it will be a long discussion and the others will want to test it as well. You cannot be exhausted for the test day" Taehyung informed him.

"Yeah, I have a question. Can you still breath fire if you have lightning?" Jimin inquired.

"Of course I can. What sort of a dragon would I be if I couldn't breathe fire? Think of the lightning as an added bonus" Taehyung almost sounded insulted by Jimin's question. 

"Come on we should head back, lets go the scenic route" Jimin suggested, and without much hassle Taehyung shifted and they were back into the sky.

The next  2 days would be difficult as he awaited the day of the test and whatever it may bring.

~*~

I forgot how much I love writing this book, but I got writers block for the direction I wanted to take the book. I have finally decided and it is definitely going to be some very interesting chapters after this one.

The next few chapters will definitely be a turning point for the book, and the next chapter will be action packed, I'm excited to write it. 

Anyway I hope you're all excited for what's to come and that you enjoyed the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,

Winter