12

(Chapter 12)Inside the capital

(Chapter 12)
Inside the capital

"Normal" - Human tongue
"Dragonese" - Dragon's tongue

~*~

Author POV

With the assistance of Aife, the knights along with Jimin were permitted earlier entrance. No one dared to try and stop the specialised rider squadron especially with their dragons looking so menacing behind them. The rider's dragons had shifted down to their humanoid appearance, Jimin wasn't sure which was more intimidating, the humanoid or full dragon forms, he decided on both.

Taehyung seemed a little spooked so he was practically clinging to Jimin, seeking comfort from his favourite human. Jimin allowed him to despite how much it hindered his movement, he was as close to waddling as he could be. 

Taehyung was mumbling to himself, he clearly wanted a reply, and was distressed that Jimin couldn't. He knew why, but he wanted to hear Jimin speaking Dragonese, it sounded better and more natural. So when Jimin dipped his head down next to Taehyung's ear and made a chittering sound, a comforting sound for dragons, his whole body sagged in relief. The capital was so busy, no one paid attention to them, the streets were too loud to hear them anyway.

Jimin couldn't help but look around in awe, he had never seen buildings as big as these, the stone buildings seemed to stretch endlessly. He practically got pushed from side to side due to how many people were trying to get down the narrow cobbled streets. 

It was all very overwhelming in general, Jimin subconsciously pulled Taehyung closer into his side, he was directed to walk into the centre of the knight's pack. Their horses easily carved a way through the public, so they had no risk of being rushed away in the fast moving crowd. 

~*~

It didn't take too long for them to be able to get through the busier crowds into the knight's district. Apparently this was a place only for those employed in the military. It was a privatised area, safe for those in the military, in case they were commanded to do something that was seen as less than favourable by the public, a safe haven of sorts. 

"Welcome home" Cadel leant sideways on his horse so Jimin could hear him clearly. 

Jimin looked to his new home as Cadel has declared it. It was unique certainly. There seemed like a big courtyard, which they were currently passing to get to the living quarters, there were many soldiers practicing drills. 

They were moved quite quickly through the training area, till they reached the housing area. The homes seemed to be embedded into the rock wall surrounding the area. There was wooden supports to reach each of the doorways into the rock wall.

"Right if you were taken directly to be an apprentice go stand beside your assigned master" Cadel looked important as he directed the new recruits from horse back. 

Jimin was beckoned to stand beside Cadel. It only seemed like a few of the recruits were being made personal apprentices. Out of the pack of 30, only 5 seemed to be official knights and everyone else were just recruits picked up along their journey. So Jimin and 4 others were taken to be personal apprentices. The rest of the recruits were directed to the general barracks while the chosen apprentices shared their master's quarters. 

When everyone had been disbursed, Jimin was instructed to follow Cadel who remained on horse back. 

~*~

"These are my personal quarters." Cadel stopped outside a door in the rock wall. He finally slipped off his horse. He tied the horse to a post just outside of his home. He then took a piece of coloured cloth and tied it to the horse's saddle.

"My horse will be collected and taken to the stables for me, that is what this ribbon means" he said as a way of explanation as he walked towards the door. Jimin followed him, Taehyung was not plastered to his side anymore, but still kept Jimin hand in his own. 

But before they could enter the home a loud shriek echoed around the entirety of the area. Cadel covered his ears while looking to the sky. Jimin frowned but did the same, both missing the look of joy on Taehyung face in the process. 

Clearly it was a dragon.

"I swear if it is that damn dragon again" Cadel swore, Jimin didn't even want to repeat the next words that fell from Cadel's mouth. 

Jimin followed after Cadel, who seemed to be moving like he was on a warpath. Another dragon was here, perhaps it was more riders. But then again Cadel's reaction seemed to say otherwise, so Jimin jogged after Cadel out of curiosity. 

~*~

The sight they were greeted with was pure chaos. 

There was young dragon fighting against the bindings that were trying to hold them down. Aife and some of the riders were there too, their dragons were looking away they didn't like seeing their young kin in pain. 

"Hoseok!" Taehyung roared out beside Jimin, forcing the human to cover his ears at the unexpected sound. 

When the dragon dipped his head briefly to spot where Taehyung was, Jimin noted that the dragon seemed to have a similar, yet different, rune on his forehead. But never the less the dragon before him, no matter how volatile it was, was Taehyung's friend so Jimin was going to help.

Jimin approached the dragon much to the alarm of others, he didn't hear them. Couldn't the dragon's wails of pain were loud enough to cover the human yells. 

Jimin raised his hands in a surrendering motion to show he meant no harm. Hoseok initially flinched back, not knowing what to expect. But unknowns to him Taehyung mouthed the word "King" to him, causing the golden dragon's green eyes to widen ever so slightly. 

So much to the confusion and slight relief from the humans, the dragon bent its head and nuzzled Jimin's outstretched hands. Taehyung didn't like the looks the humans were giving his King, so he ran up to the dragons side to pet his snout too. Mumbling in Dragonese, he hoped it made it look like his talking had calmed Hoseok instead. 

But not all humans thought that way.

~*~

So Hoseok is here!

I hope you liked the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter