16

(Chapter 16)First flight

(Chapter 16)
First flight

"Normal" - Human language
"Dragonese" - Dragon's language

~*~

Author POV

Jimin had been training with Aife and Cadel for several weeks, over 3 months. He had come on leaps and bounds since he began. He could hold and wield a sword to a good level, had even beaten Cadel on occasion when he could catch him off guard. He had trained more of his muscles and was definitely healthier since he had arrived.

Cadel had also been teaching him how to read and write to a better standard, Jimin knew a little since he needed to be able to help with signs and counting for his parent's butcher business. He had been able to write the alphabet and count to a certain number, but Cadel was honing that ability so now he could write and do basic mathematics. 

Taehyung had been learning more of the human language too, but he was reluctant to speak it to anyone but Jimin. He sometimes talked to Inno when Jimin was in lessons with Aife, as he liked talking to one of his kin, while Jimin was having to pretend he didn't understand the guttural language of the dragons.

So it was a bright clear morning when Aife declared the best news Jimin had heard in months. The saddle that he was to use when riding Taehyung's full shift dragon had been finished and Aife deemed him ready to fly properly. 

~*~

"Are you okay with flying with me tomorrow?" Jimin asked when they were sure Cadel had gone to sleep. They didn't want the man over hearing their conversations in the dragon's tongue. 

"Excited, I've wanted to fly with you for ages" Taehyung dragged out the word 'ages' with an almost reptile like hiss. 

Taehyung climbed up onto the bed with Jimin, he often liked to curl up into Jimin's side, they tried to sleep with Taehyung's head above Jimin's. With Taehyung's horns they had to be careful they didn't harm Jimin in the night as they moved around in their sleep. 

So they often slept with Jimin curled into Taehyung's chest or with Taehyung as the smaller spoon. The dragon found comfort in being held, so Jimin indulged him when he could. 

"I'll fly so high tomorrow you will see the clouds" Taehyung promised as he snuggled back into Jimin's arms, the human tightening them in a comforting squeeze that had the dragon smiling. 

"I can't wait" Jimin answered to end their conversation as they settled down to sleep for the big day that was coming. 

~*~

The next day was a whole different story. Taehyung did not by any means like the saddle that had been made. It was not designed for the comfort of the dragon it would seem, but it was perfectly comfortable for the rider. Jimin listened to every complaint.