7

(Chapter 7)Sneaky steps

(Chapter 7)
Sneaky steps

"Normal" - Human language
'Dragonese' - Dragon's language

~*~
Author POV

Jimin's feet barely made a sound as they collided with the wooden flooring. He had thick socks on, the weather was too hot for them, but his worn down boots required him to wear them, or he would be at risk of blisters.

He crept along the hall way being mindful of where he stepped, he was unsure as to where squeaky floorboards may be. So to be cautious was his best move. He reached out toes to press against planks, testing for sound before he made his move.

He took a deep breath when he approached the door to the Captian's room. If he got caught by Cadel he had no real explanation to why he was there.

He tuned the doorknob, surprisingly it was unlocked. Most of them where, many of the knights had returned to bed drunk, locking doors the last thing on their minds.

The door opened silently, for that Jimin was thankful. Taehyung perked up when he saw Jimin. There was no other way to describe the excitement on his face.

Jimin immediately pressed his finger to his lips. The dragon seemed to understand that. So Jimin pointed to the sleeping Cadel as the reason why. Taehyung looked confused but remained silent none the less.

Jimin knew that this was not the time to have a serious conversation. So he pulled the dry meat out his pocket, he had wrapped it in a clean cloth.

Taehyung took it great fully, practically wolfing it down. Jimin wondered if he should increase the portion size.

Taehyung reached out to him, the chains binding him moved against the wooden floor, Jimin grimaced at the noise.

He shook his head, he quickly grabbed the dragon's hand. The dragon perked up, reaching forward to press his forehead to Jimin's. Then the human was pulling away.

Out the door he took a deep breath, the dragon didn't understand but he knew his King would only leave if it was important. So he lay down and curled up waiting for morning to come again

Cadel slept on, undisturbed.

~*~

In the morning Jimin felt more rested than he had in days. The bed while hard, mostly wood than straw mattress, was more comfortable than the solid ground.

Breakfast came served with the purchase of a room. So the knights happily sat down to a hearty breakfast.

Jimin smirked a little when he saw the dragon sneak a sausage off the Captain's plate. Looking smuggly at the human as he swallowed down the food. As a result Cadel pushed his plate away from the reach of the hungry dragon.