Chapter 5 Fox

I entered Stone's room without knocking and found that he was already waiting for me.

"I'll convince her to stay with you and come home with us." Stone spoke quickly, having overheard our entire conversation through the wall with the use of his wolf hearing.

"I meant what I said, Stone. She has to be able to make her own choice. We can't force her to do anything." I sighed.

"I know, Fox, I won't be forceful. I'll just tell her how wonderfully amazing you are." Stone batted his eyes at me using fake flattery.

"Great, she'll surely run for the hills then." I grumbled, plopping down on the bed with a frustrated groan. Stone chuckled,

"I got your sister, didn't I?" Stone slapped me on the back and I growled at him,

"Watch it, Gamma." I flipped around on my back and sat up, glaring at Stone.

"I'll work my charm, it'll be fine, don't worry." Stone said.

"I wasn't worried until just now." I replied,

"Besides, the only thing I care about is that you keep her safe, and away from Alpha Torrin and his pack of mutts. She's probably going to hate it, but I don't want her to leave your sight. I don't trust anyone here to treat her properly. They've treated her like a slave and I won't stand for that any longer." I told Stone seriously.

"You got it, boss. Alpha douchebag won't be a problem." Stone nodded in agreement as I stood up. I shook my head at him but couldn't help but grin,

"Apparently there's a portal to the fae realm in the basement. I'm going to find Alpha douchebag and inform him of the situation, then I'm off." I said. Stone held out his hand and I shook it sternly.

"Be safe, brother." He said and I nodded once before leaving the room.

I found Torrin back in his office with his Gamma and Beta undoubtedly up to no good.

"Marigold has informed me that you have an entrance to the fae realm in your basement. I will be using it immediately." I told them,

"My mate will be staying in my room under the protection of my Gamma. She is not to be harmed or treated like a servant, she will be received as a member of my pack from this moment on." I reminded them.

"Of course, Alpha Finn, we wouldn't have it any other way." Torrin lied. I eyed Beta Collins and Gamma Patrick, sure that they were just as much to blame for Marigold's treatment as their Alpha.

"Since you are the gracious host and I am using your portal to amend your deal, Alpha Torrin, perhaps you would like to accompany me?" I changed my tone. If Alpha Torrin was with me, he wouldn't be near my mate and it would be one less thing for me to worry about. Torrin seemed to consider this for a moment,

"I think you would be better off on your own, Alpha Finn. The King doesn't like an audience." Torrin responded tactfully. I eyed him, seeing right through his facade.

"Torrin is up to something. Be prepared." I mindlinked Stone subtly.

I didn't like Torrin's attitude nor his calmness, I also didn't trust an Alpha who didn't want to take care of his own business.

"I've already mindlinked Ferra to send a couple warriors our way to lay and wait, just so they're close by in case something goes wrong." Stone replied and I approved of his decision.

"It's your decision, Alpha Torrin." I frowned.

"I'll escort you to the portal." Torrin said, leading the way to the basement.