Chapter 36 Marigold

I found myself in a dark place for the next couple of days after revealing my truth to Finn. He was great about the whole thing, being his charming and understanding self. He had Zoey bring food and drinks to our room and he was able to do most of his work from the sitting area. He only left me for an hour or two a day to make some phone calls. He was out in the hallway now on the phone, while I was picking at a bowl of fruit.

Finn sighed loudly as he entered the bedroom, dropping his phone in his back pocket.

"Baby, I have to go into the office to deal with something." He said, rubbing his forehead in frustration.

"That's okay." I shrugged. I never asked him to stay here in the first place. In fact, I had repeatedly told him to go.

"I'm going to send Stone up to keep you company."

"No, you're not." I snapped.

"Excuse me?" Finn turned around to face me quickly, looking concerned.

"I don't need a babysitter, Finn."

"I know that. I'm just worried about you, I don't think you should be alone. I could send Ferra instead." Finn's eyebrows pulled together in question. He wasn't getting it.

"No, I want to be left alone." I recognized that I sounded like a grounded toddler, but Finn needed to recognize the fact that he was treating me like a grounded toddler.

"Marigold." Finn sighed at me.

"I'm not going to jump out of the window if that's what you're worried about." I glared at him, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Of course not." Finn looked taken aback,

"I can stay. I should stay."

"No, you should go and leave me alone." I practically growled at him, jumping off the bed and escaping to the bathroom. I slammed the door shut in his face.

After about five minutes I heard Finn sigh and leave the room. I waited another couple of minutes to make sure that he was gone before I left the bathroom. I locked the bedroom door so none of Finn's various family members could intrude.

I walked back through the bathroom and into the closet. Standing in front of the mirror, I took a deep breath and shook out my hands. I pressed the palm of my hand against the face of the mirror and watched as my hand glowed green. The entire mirror began to shake and glow, bubbling under my magic. The mirror changed into a portal with the Fae Kingdom on the other side.

I pulled a piece of paper out of my pocket, it was folded into the shape of a bird. I whispered a message into the origami bird and lightly blew it from the palm of my hand. The bird turned green and flapped its paper wings through the realm. I stepped back from the window, leaving the portal open, and waited.

Eventually, the portal began to shake again and turned black before two figures appeared in my closet.

"Hello, sister." Bayu grimaced at me, crossing his arms over his silver suit. Sol had a matching golden suit on, signifying his seniority.

"This is a surprise." Sol said, looking around,

"Are we in a closet?" He asked.

"Yes. Come." I waved my hand and led them out to the sitting area,

"Sit. I'll secure the room." As they sat in the large chairs, I walked towards the door. I touched the door knob and it turned green, spreading out across the door. Soon, the entire door was covered in green vines, sealing us in and everyone else out. It also made the room soundproof and magic proof.