Chapter 42 Marigold

Finn and I spent the entire weekend in bed, unable to stand the idea of leaving each other. I was able to use my magic to mark my mate in the traditional way of the fae. Just as werewolves had unique fang patterns that marked their mates, fae had magic to mark theirs. On Finn's marking spot was a unique circle with my crest in the middle.

"You're so perfect." Finn cooed as I stood, naked, in front of the mirror, admiring my mark. I swatted at his hand as it found its way to my butt.

"Down, Alpha." I giggled. Finn nuzzled his face in my neck and breathed deeply,

"I'm ravished." He said.

"Yes, that's why we're getting dressed and actually leaving the room, to get dinner." I smirked.

"Not that kind of hungry." Finn mumbled, kissing his way down my shoulder. I pushed him away,

"Well I am!" I complained, throwing him out of the closet. I quickly changed into capri leggings and a green tunic. I wrapped my hair into a loose bun and joined Finn in the bedroom. He was pouting by the door.

"Come on." I laughed, rolling my eyes at him. I grabbed his hand and pulled him down the hall, compelled forward by my own hunger.

"Look who has finally emerged!" Stone hollered at us as we entered the dining hall. He, Ferra, and a couple of other wolves were gathered for dinner.

"And they're finally marked!" Ferra grinned, giving me a hug.

"Yes, and let's not make it a big deal." Finn said from behind me, sensing my embarrassment. Ferra released me and waved her hands around dismissively. Finn escorted me to our seats and went off to prepare our plates.

"You okay?" Stone leaned over the table and whispered.

"Yeah." I smiled softly at Stone's concern. Stone lightly pats my hand and doesn't say another word about it.

Soon after Finn returned to the table with our food, his parents and younger brother, Frankie, entered the room. It's been more than three months since I moved into the packhouse and this is the first time I've seen Frankie.

Frankie was a few years younger than Finn and Ferra, closer to my age than theirs. He spent most of his time visiting other packs on the west coast as Silver Moon's liaison. Finn explained it to me as a learning experience for his younger brother, giving him a chance to take on more responsibilities and learn leadership skills. Frankie comes from an Alpha bloodline, which meant that it was very likely he would be mated to a ranked she-wolf, becoming an Alpha, Beta, or Gamma of her pack. If not, he would become Finn's advisor and return home to Silver Moon upon meeting his mate.

I quickly stood from the table as Frankie and Finn shared a hug.

"It's good to see you, little brother." Finn laughed, rubbing his knuckles against Frankie's head. Frankie swatted him away and greeted Ferra next. The three Oxford siblings laughed and carried on for a few minutes before Frankie's attention turned to me.

"You must be the unlucky lady who found herself mated to my brother." Frankie grinned the same lopsided grin as Finn. I giggled and offered Frankie a hug. I heard a low growl from behind me.

"Oh knock it off." I rolled my eyes and chastised Finn over Frankie's shoulder. Frankie's chest rumbled with laughter as we shared a hug.

"You have him well handled." Frankie observed, pulling me away. Finn wrapped his arm around my waist and tugged me towards him.

"He's a work in progress." I smirked,

"Won't you all join us for dinner?" I offered, motioning towards the table.

"Thank you, dear." Genny kissed my cheek and sat down next to her daughter. Conrad squeezed my arm in greeting and joined his wife. Finn gave me a passionate kiss before releasing me and taking his seat.

"Is it too soon to ask when an official Luna ceremony will be held?" Genny could barely contain her excitement as she eyed Finn and I's fresh marks. Finn groaned in between bites of dinner,

"We haven't even talked about it, mom." He said with his mouth full. I pinched his arm and glared at him for being rude.

"Actually," I spoke up,

"Genny, I wouldn't mind your input. I, obviously, have no experience with Luna ceremonies." Finn stared at me, open mouthed.

"Oh, of course, dear!" Genny clapped her hands.

"You just made her day." Conrad chuckled.

"Marigold?" Finn eyed me curiously.

"Everyone's here, your brother is home," I motioned towards Frankie who was so infrequently at the packhouse,

"I think it's the right time." I shrugged.

"Are you sure?" Finn didn't believe me.

"Yes, Finn, I'm sure."

"This is so exciting!" Genny was unable to sit still, she stood up from the table as quickly as she had sat down,

"I need to get some things. I'll meet you in your office later!" She smiled at me before hurrying off.

"Oh? I guess we're starting now." I mumbled to myself. The entire table laughed,

"Yeah, you have no idea what you've started." Ferra grinned.

"Marigold, a word?" Finn stood and offered me his hand. I nodded and followed him out to the hallway.

"Are you sure about this? We haven't even talked about it."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to drop it on you. I just assumed that since we marked each other, you would be on the same page." I shrugged, starting to feel guilty.

"Love, I've been ready to make you my Luna since the first day I met you. I just don't want you to rush into anything. I don't want you to give up your comfort for me, my mother, or anyone else." Finn cupped my face with his oversized hand.

"I'm not, I'm ready." I smiled proudly.

"You're amazing, I love you so much." Finn purred, pressing his lips to mine.

"I love you, too." I giggled against his lips.

"Whatever you need or want for the ceremony, it's yours. Okay?"

"Okay." I blushed at his affection.

"I mean it, Marigold, even if you want your brothers to attend." Finn surprised me by saying.

"Wait, really?" I hadn't even considered inviting my brothers.

"Of course. It's a tradition for the Luna's family to be here, as well." Finn said.

"I'm not sure if that's possible, but thank you." I mumbled.

"I have some work to catch up on, will you be okay on your own for a little?" He asked, tucking me under his arm for a hug.

"Sure." I shrugged, I was more than capable of entertaining myself. I've been successfully doing it for months now, but Finn still worried.

"Alright, I won't be too long." He promised, but I could tell from his face that he was behind on his work.

"It's okay, I'll be fine." I assured him, giving him a quick kiss and sending him off to his office. I returned to the dining hall and joined the rest of the family in conversation.