Chapter 26 - Secrets

(A/N: I wanted to get this chapter up on the last day of pride month. It's never too late to learn who you are and find support as you're discovering yourself. I'm half 74 and still have many unanswered questions about what term(s) to use, or even how I identify various elements of my sexuality. Plus, I have a bias about my Seungmin chapters. Chapter 37 is a fluff fest that makes me so soft I can't even believe I wrote it. Anyway, you're amazing no matter who you love or how you see the world, even if you don't believe in yourself sometimes. -Nicole)

"Hey, I had a question for you."

"What's up?" They asked.

"I know it's short notice, but I was wondering if I could get off tomorrow to watch the Senate discussion in person about the presidential order." I thought it was worth a shot.

"Sure, go ahead!"

Did I mention I have the best boss ever?

I was decently busy for once, trying to learn the process of adding new books to the catalogue. A shipment had recently come in of the topics my new friends and I had brought awareness to. I brushed my bangs out of my eyes, knowing I desperately needed a haircut soon. As I was focused on trying to figure out where this book would go (yes, I need glasses, I know) I saw Felix walk in and nervously start looking around.

"Hey Felix!" I called out and waved at him.

He smiled back, but he didn't seem like his normal sunshine self. "Hey Seungmin. How are you?"

"Good! Just entering some new books about protests in the system."

"Umm, I don't know how to ask this..." Felix frowned, clearly struggling internally. "Is your boss here today?"

"Yeah, they're here."

"Is there a spot I could talk to them in private about something?"

I swept my bangs back again and studied his face. He was clearly uncomfortable. I was scanning my brain for ideas until...

"Are you SecretSecret?"

Felix nodded, looking incredibly ashamed. "Yeah. I kind of wish I could have put my pin where Hyunjin's was but my parents would definitely never talk to me again."

"We will accept you." I tried to make him feel better, but I'm not very good at that.

He continued, not even hearing me. "Once I realized they're probably going to cut us out anyway, might as well try to figure this out."

"Hello, can I help you?" They walked over, giving a warm smile in Felix's direction. He looked down at me, but I shook my head, encouraging him to speak for himself.

"Hello. I'm Seungmin's friend, Felix." I gave a wide smile. I like having friends now. "I was wondering if I could talk to you about..."

He hesitated as they continued to smile at him. "Ahh, yes. I remember your name from the article. What pin color were you?"

"I was yellow."

"Oh." Their smile grew wider, and Felix got nervous again. "We have a room for employees. I think I know why you're here."

"You do?"

"You're here for self-discovery. Let me grab a few books that were helpful for me. Seungmin, can you walk him to the back room?"

I nodded, and waved for Felix to follow me. I think he thought someone would notice him.

"Superiors have no access to this library. I added all my friends though."