Chapter 44 - Calm

Chan used both his fists and made quick knocks on the door. He wasn't paying attention when it opened and Jeongin was behind it.

"Channie hyung!"

Jeongin didn't even care that he almost got hit in the face. He pulled Chan by his waist into the apartment. He then pushed Chan onto the couch that Hyunjin and Seungmin were sitting on, making Seungmin skitter away to close and lock the door.

"Don't you EVER do something like that again!" Jeongin straddled his lap and forced his shoulders to the back of the couch, staring him down. "You could have gotten beaten up, or sexually assaulted, or killed or something! You had me worried sick!"

"Innie, I'm fine." Chan tried to smile it away until Jeongin felt the remnants of his shaking under his hands.

"You're shaking! You were terrified! You can't lie to me!"

Jeongin shifted to sit in Chan's lap like they often did in the past, and Chan rested his head on Jeongin's chest rocking him back and forth.

"I didn't know how else to get them away." Chan heard Jeongin's heart racing beneath his ear. "I did what I thought was right."

"I know." Jeongin clung to Chan, a hint of frustration still laced in his tone. "I was so scared though."

"I was too. He was chasing after me when I escaped, but I don't think he saw where I ran off to."

Hyunjin got off the couch to give the couple space. He walked out of earshot of his friends, and Seungmin was drawn to him like a magnet.

"I thought I was the clingy one." He smiled, looking warmly at Seungmin.

"I don't know?" Seungmin shrugged and his voice became high pitched.

Hyunjin ruffled his hair, but quickly became serious. "What now?"

"We have to lay low and hope something bad doesn't happen."

"I can't do that again so soon."

"Well," Seungmin looked everywhere around the room except at Hyunjin. "I don't know then."

"Do you think he'll hurt us?"

"He already has."

Seungmin peeked around the corner at Felix sleeping on the bed. His hands were sticking out from under the covers, and he could see the rope burn on his wrists. He tapped Hyunjin on the shoulder and pointed towards the sight.

"What the hell?"

Seungmin shushed him so they didn't wake Felix up. "You saw the video. They were trapped like that for days. Tied up with blindfolds and hoods, arms behind them, legs spread apart, sitting up instead of lying down."

"How did they go to the bathroom?"

"We could ask them once they reacclimate."

Hyunjin tried to suppress a smile, wrapping his arms around Seungmin's shoulders from behind. "You and your fancy words."

"My sexy brain, right?"

Seungmin took one last look at Felix's wrists before he turned around to face the blonde who was holding him. He didn't care if his friends saw, he just needed a hug. Seungmin pulled Hyunjin tightly to him, arms and hands resting on his back and head buried under his chin.

"Is this fight worth it?" He asked Hyunjin as tears started to land on Hyunjin's skin above his light blue button down shirt with one extra button undone that most mortals couldn't pull off.

"I don't know.." Hyunjin kissed the top of his head and took in his calming scent. "Let's hope that it is."