Chapter 5

The next day,
Since its weekend,Meera woke up late and freshen up and went to dining table for breakfast. She saw her son karna is waiting for her in the dining table. Seeing her son, her mouth smiled unconsciously.

Meera: good morning son, did you had your breakfast.
Kara: no mom..i am waiting for you
Meera was not happy with the reply. She knows karna always had his breakfast early and went to school before 8 am but today it's already 10 and he was waiting for her without having his breakfast. even she was happy to hear that he was waiting for her, she felt it's wrong to let his son starve like this.

Meera: I am happy to hear this but you should take your food on Time to grow healthily. Don't delay next time.
Karna sadly: I want to eat with mom.
Meera: if you want to eat with me, you can come and wake me. No need to wait here.
Karna : I don't want to disturb you when you are sleeping.
Meera told karna to wake her to not miss breakfast with him but she hate to woke up early in the morning especially in weekends.
Meera thought about this issue, she wants her son to delay the breakfast time and also don't want to woke up in weekend morning and got an idea.
Meera: son, how about this. let's eat breakfast together on weekdays. In the weekend, you eat first without me and we will go out together on weekends.
Karna was happy with this because he can be with his mom if they go out together compared to breakfast time. Then, both had their breakfast and decided to go to shopping mall.

They both entered shopping mall.
Meera: son, where do you want to go first.
Karna not replied.Meera saw her son was staring at the toy store.she took him to the store and asked him to buy whatever he want. He hesitantly took the remote helicopter and Meera bought it. Karna was happy because in his class, his friends always brings so many toys saying they were bought by the parents but he never had any. When his mom asked about going to shopping mall, the first thing he thought about this was buying a toy.
After he bought it, he told he don't want any but Meera insisted and bought few other toys for him, then both went soft toys section. Meera saw kangaroo soft toy and decided to buy it.

Then they went dress shop and bought famil tshirt set which contains 3 tshirt and other few things.
Meera looked at the time, its already evening 5 pm so they returned home.

In the home, Meera went to karna's room with the things they bought in from mall. When she enters the room, she saw him doing his homework. She came near him with the intention to help him but she was dumfounded seeing his homework note. He was on!y in grade 1 so she thought the homeworks would be simple arithmetic problems but the notebook contain math problems from grade 4 or 5. She thought it's unusual.

Meera: son, is this homework given by your teacher. Are all the students doing this homework.
Karna:no mom.i already completed homework given by my teacher.. This was given by nanny. She told I need to learn more than other student because..
He stopped and not want to continue..Meera don't want to ask him more now but decided to check this. She thought it would be good to learn more but this is the age for him to play more than studying grade 4 or 5 books in grade 1.

She gave all the other toys to him. She took the kangaroo toy from the bag and showed it to him.
Meera: son, this is the present for you. I like kangaroo very much..it is animal which will hold the child in a bag in its stomach after giving birth also. So I always felt kangaroo is special.
Meera thought in her that even I didn't not bear you in my stomach, I want to take care of you like how this kangaroo take care of its child after birth.
Karna who don't understand the meaning behind it was happy because his mom presented this toy for him.he hugged the toy happily

Karna: thanks mom, I am happy.

The weekend passed.
On Monday, after karna went to school, uninvited guest Anu came to the house but the security in the gate not let her in. Meera saw the scene and asked the security to let her in.

Old Meera avoided her calls and asked security not to let anu enter the house after she found her betrayal.but current Meera know avoiding Anu is like postponing the time to face the issue,so she decided to end it properly.
Anu enters the house and asked Meera why she was avoiding her.

Meera: I am not avoiding you.i have so many things in my mind that I want to think alone for few days. So I asked security to not let anyone to meet me. But you are continuously calling me and trying to meet me.
Anu thought in mer mind: you don't have time to attend my phone call but you have time for that kid to go to hotel.

Anu felt displeasure with meera's reply but don't want to show it in face.
Anu: I came here to discuss about our new company.inalready looked for the building to open the office. The current owner is in need of money so he want to sell the building as soon as possible.if we not pay the money in a week, he will look for others to sell it. Did you get the money I asked?I need it in a week.

Meera calmly said: ok..give the document about the details about building and other details. I will check it now. Also, don't forget to give the registration document of the building.
Anu shocked hearing this because she don't want to include her in company, so she can easily tell her that the company was bankrupt and start the business again in the same place after few months in different name without her.

Anu: we can do all this later, we don't have time for this. Let's register the building first then I will share all the documents you want. The building is in best spot so what we do if building owner sell it to others because we are delaying it.

Meera not buying those words: Anu, as you told, we are going to do business, if we do it without checking, how can I give money without even seeing the place,what will wedo if any legal issues in the building. I want all the documents related to the new company and registration document of the document we are going to register. I don't want to invest without seeing the documents and the building we are going to buy.
Anu was silent and was trying to find a way to convince her.

Meera: since you came, why don't we visit the building today.

Anu : why today. I have work in my office..I need to go now.i will call you again to discuss this.

She left before meera's reply afraid of Meera would make her to take her to the building.she directly went to his boyfriend house. Seeing Anu's sad face.

Anu's boyfriend: what happened.was security not allowed you to meet Meera today too.
Anu: what happened was worse than that.
Anu explained it to him.
Anu's boyfriend: just show the document and convince her. We are going to buy the building in company name.that idiot won't find anything. Go to her tomorrow with the document and convince her to do the investigation.
Anu nodded.

Meera had her dinner with karna and went to her room after saying good night to him. She got a call from Anu evening and she told her that she would bring all the document tomorrow
She was sure they are trying to scam her but how can she accept to show all the documents easily.she want to tell Anu that her friendship is over and not want to contact her.but if she acts like that, everyone will get suspicious of her.already many in this house think that me talking to karna us out of my character, if I broke with my only friend, she don't know what will happen.

Thinking all this, she not felt sleepy at all. She looked at the Time.its post 10pm.meera's eye lit up with a idea and she directly went and bring a wine bottle to the bedroom.

Meera:it's the perfect time to have a glass of wine.but it's a pity to drink alone.

She emptied a whole bottle and got drunk. She suddenly heard the door opening sound.she turned her head and saw a handsome man in suit staring her.

Meera who was drunk: hey handsome. Who are you???

❤️❤️❤️Dear Readers..Please give your support by giving votes if you like this story ❤️❤️❤️