New Places

I wake up and I hear a beeping of something. My eyes feel heavy like they are taped or something. I begin to concentrate on the noises around me I hear footsteps, but they are not above me. I am trying to remember why I am here, where am I? I try to move my arms they move but there is a sharp pull on my wrist I like a needle? I try again to open my eyes and I cannot sense any light on. If lights are bright, you can almost see them through your eyelids but nothing. My eyes start to open a bit, my eyelids are heavy, but they crack open, and I slowly look around not wanting to pull attention to myself. I notice no one is here other me and no bars? Well, that's good. I start to try to sit up and I hear voices talking I can hear more and understand them. "Anytime...should have...every few hours...ready by next week." Are they talking about me ready in a week? They must not know I woke up maybe I can use that to my advantage. I see a shadow outside my door and mumbling about "Just open the door and look in she hasn't woken yet." I lay down quickly and partially close my eyes and see a face of a woman she is dressed like a nurse. Maybe she can help me? How can I get help? I can't talk and maybe the moment she sees me awake she will run and tell them? So, I stay still, and she shakes her head and walks out closing the door it must not be locked.

It must be night its pretty quiet. I slowly reach over and switch the monitor off and the drip is unplugged no need for the alarms to go off. 'Finally growing a pair of balls, are we?' I say to the voice in my head 'Female I have ovaries!' And I get up my legs are a bit shaky and make my way to the foot of my bed and there is file there. I grab it and read name (unknown female, age 20's, human? Malnourished Un legible writing. Auction in 6 days.) They must be wrong I am definitely over 40 and no auction why an auction? What kind of a crack pot doc do they have? And a fricken auction? No one would want to buy me unless they are idiots, right? I am a bit stronger than I thought I was I look around a see a robe and place it on my arms and over my back. No windows in the hospital room to look out. I walk over to the door and listen I hear no noises at all. I crack the door and no one in the halls. I slowly walk out very slowly ready for anything. I walk by a room with the door wide open and a set of clothes there not sure if they will fit but I will try them they look small. I pull some shorts on they are definitely a bit short and tight. But they fit and I the tank top has no support for my breasts but its better than the peekaboo nightie. I slowly and quietly start to creep through this hospital I feel the floor is more metal than linoleum shit normally on the floors.

I get to the end of a long hallway I hear people in one of the rooms next to me. I keep walking a bit faster but still as silent as can be. I find what looks like a granola bar or something and open in I sniff it smells okay. I take a big bite and think not a good tasting one but beggars not choosers. And I keep walking. I see an Exit sign yay! I hope nothing is on the other side. I open the door and there are more hallways its nonstop. I look around and start running looking for a way to get out. I get to a big window and see stars. So, it's nighttime right? But it doesn't look right. But I don't have time to figure this out for the voice says, 'They are coming don't play around.' I run further through the halls looking for a safe place to hide out. I keep searching some doors open and some stay shut. I see a door slightly ajar like it was meant to be. I wonder if its a real way out or just another hallway. I open it and its a room a big room with lots of boxes and items. Tables, chairs, lights etc. all gathering dust. I keep going and see a small curtain and pull it and there's what looks like beds built into a wall. Metal beds with these cushions no blankets but small pillow. I figure it would be a good hiding area for now. I climb up to the one on the top and pull the curtain aside. I lay down and quickly fall asleep.

I jolt awake due to an alarm its piercing loud. And an announcement saying, "Human escaped, perform a thorough search." I hear loud voices and the alarm is still going off and this bright yellow flashing light. Doors are being opened and things pushed around in rooms it seems to echo. Then the door to this room is opened and noises of people moving around talking about "stupid humans, easy to find just wait them out." These idiots only check where they can see not under tables or cabinets, they must think I am an idiot and will just stand there. They start talking "This human is showing to be a little more difficult I hope its worth it. We rescue them from captivity and deliver them to the auctions. They all go to good homes." I am slightly confused rescued they are not the ones who had me in captivity? And good home? I am not a puppy or something that needs to be adopted. If not, will it be like a shelter for animals, and they put me down? I am unsure what I am doing should I have run? Should I tell them I am here? 'NO' I hear that voice again.