Earth and Kathleen's situation

The Intergalactic Accountability Council or commonly known as the IAC.  We are the ones that are elected and run by other planets to police all races keeping other planets in the Council's control safe. It was constructed about 100years ago when planets were being attacked, stripped of their resources and people abducted to be used for experiments and slaves.

Back when the council first started, they had pardoned races from past transgressions if they admitted to it and tried to make it right. So, there was no excuse for still having captives. The council had set out after hearing about a group still holding research subjects. They had tried reaching out to the facility with no response. A force had been sent out to the facility to conduct a visitation. Upon arriving they had found the place almost fully evacuated after hearing a contingency had been sent to them. Some just did not have the time to leave before the arrival. After a few days of searching for captives considering things a lost cause that maybe they had taken their captives with them until the last day when noise had been heard. 

We had gotten the information from an old acquaintance of mine.   The races were either getting better at covering their tracks or thought it wasn't worth it because we were mainly running security and surveillance at conferences.  If our information was to be believed this could be the last of her race still alive.  After the planet had been dying already the planet was attacked by a group and stripped of all the remaining life and resources possible.  We were excited to possibly see one.  As we arrived on the planet the captive was being kept on we had found a few scientists and guards they were immediately captured and sent to be tried for their crimes.  It took us weeks to search through all the information and buildings in the compound.  We had come across the last one to be searched.  The information lead us to believe there was still someone here.  A few days of searching and pulling on shelves hoping to find a secret passage they were routinely used.   

The paperwork on the human in question had shown when she was abducted, they had given her meds to keep her alive it had changed her which allowed for the next few steps of her captivity. They had kept her in stasis for over 600years. Then they had awoken her and set her in a cell to train her to be obedient to not ask questions. And it looks like they were close to breaking her the last part of this was to leave her for up to 2 weeks with only the food and water she had saved.  They had wanted her to solely be dependent on them to look to them for everything.  They had planned on using her to rebuild her race.  They had acquired DNA from many other humans.  The price they could get for humans would surpass most others for they were easily manipulated, and they adapted quickly.  The perfect captive in so many ways.  After finding her and bringing her to our space station which was also part ship.

We would auction the female the same we had all others that had lost their homes.  The ones to be buying had to be vetted so we could be sure they would be treated right.  Whether they would be used for breeding or other was up to the buyer.  We would be doing wellness checks on her every half cycle for 3 full cycles.  She was not as obedient as thought she kept trying to run away even though there was nowhere to run to.  The security on the ship was lax they hadn't seen humans for longer than most of them had been alive they forgot how imaginative and sneaky they could be.  Always intuitive to their surroundings.  We had wanted to tell this human where she was and all the information, she needed about her past, but we were told her new owners would be responsible for such. 

There was talk that some of the people here would be better vs others.  We decided she would be better off with someone looking for a breeder at least she would be well taken care of no one would miss treat a breeder.  The best part about human breeders was their ability to breed was special.  They could have offspring with near every race and even multiples at a time.  And with the changes they made to this one breeding would be so much easier and less medical interference than even humans with humans.  There was a 20% chance of another human being born which is good to furthering their own race.  We would have to talk to all of those looking to buy her of the positives and negatives of a human.

After this human running into her newest owners like she did and the security officer which I assured all is not one of ours had hurt her the owners were not happy.  I had watched the videos of her escape each time and I marveled at her ability.  I spoke to the ones that had purchased said human and explained everything to them.  From her capture to the severity of her conditioning.  They had asked the typical questions about food, likes, dislikes.  We only knew from the information we had on them.  That she was a typical human from top to bottom.  They had asked about young children she may have had.  She had breasts that were indicative of feeding young in most races.  She was a bit malnourished due to living on meal bars and water for so long.  However, her hips were shapely.  Hair on the head was not a normal thing for most races except from colder climates so we went over that.  And the lack of them talking her language.  They would need to update their translators human languages were not on most for it was a dead planet/dead language.  There were races trying to bring back some of the dead languages and Earth had more than one.  This human in particular could speak 3 one English, French and some German. 

The way the ones that bought said human were treating her was a surprise.  Almost like they wanted her for a mate.  I think that would be perfect for her and how sensitive human females could supposedly be.  But it was not my job to know that.  We had found belongings of hers that were boxed up and put away they looked like rude communication devices.  Upon looking into the information on her planet from when she was taken it was found to be a cell phone (they made calls, sent messages, able to communicate from anywhere in their world with these, music and pictures were on them including books) and a laptop computer.  The computer was like the cell phone just not as mobile but with a keyboard that was bigger and a larger screen.  We had upgraded them for the human.  The battery had long gone dead on both we applied newer ones and added circuitry for them to run faster.  She may want these items later.  We were sure to hand them over to her new owners with an explanation on them and their use.

As they were leaving a few things came up.  A few folks that had wanted to buy her but could not accept the fact she kept trying to run.  They thought she should be happy with still being alive and being taken care of.   We explained she had no idea of what was happening.  The ones who had lost in the bidding and the ones that had not made the cut to even bid tried to capture her or make it harder for them to leave hoping they'd give up and leave her.  One even tried to sabotage the ship.  I had asked her before she left with them how she felt about them and leaving with them.  She was unsure but felt more relaxed and at home around them then she had since being captured.  I had given her my card in the chance things were not to her liking.  I knew I could not afford to bet on her but if she called me I would come and get her.  I know all in our job would come to her rescue she seemed too perfect and fit well with us.  On our way back we had shown her how to use our AI and she was able to communicate with what she wanted, and the AI was able to make ingredients and it had been a long time since we had a real homemade meal.  A human dish called spaghetti and meatballs with a marinara sauce, and something called garlic bread.  It was amazing and odd it reminded me of a dish we had but the 'noodles' the long skinny things had been a creature in our dish.