28. He's back

Author's POV

''Producer-nim, we have to get to work too.'' Sae rom said entering the room, where y/n and Ji ah were still putting the pieces together of the criminal branding puzzle.
''Annyeong y/n.'' Sae rom said looking at her as she waved back.
''I must get to work too. Do hwa must be short handed. See ya guys later at lunch.'' Y/n said getting up and walking off but turned to Ji ah and whispered something,

''Congratulations about you and Yeon.''
''What ? How'd you know ?'' Ji ah said surprised but in the same low tone as y/n's.
''Do you think im that dense.''
''Thanks anyways.''
''Okay then i'll leave tell me if you find anything.'' Y/n said leaving through the door.

''Ofcourse. Two guys are head over heels for her and she doesn't have a single clue. You're dense y/n.'' Ji ah mumbled.

Y/n enters her department, in Do hwa's cabin. She was still hesitant about seeing him, as she felt bad about bailing on going somewhere with him yesterday. She knew that if she didn't wanted to stay she could leave from the korean folk village but for some weird reason, she didn't want to. And the reason was Rang.

Regardless of her thoughts she felt that she owed Do hwa an apology. So she opens the door and finds herself face to face to Do hwa.

''Do hwa... Annyeong !'' Y/n said putting a nervous smile on her face while Do hwa just nodded. He didn't smile or ask worried questions about her whereabouts yesterday which made y/n think that the situation is more worse than she expected.

''Do hwa, I have something to say.'' Y/n said to Do hwa who was pacing around the room with some work materials.
''Go on.'' He said not paying much attention to her presence.
''Im sorry about yesterday. I thought it wouldn't take much time and i'll be back and we would go where you wanted to but it turned out differently. And I---''
''Okay.'' He said still not looking at her.
''What ?''
''Its okay.''
''Do hwa, I know its not okay. You're not okay. Did I mess up so bad that you're not even looking at me when im talking to you ?'' Y/n said making Do hwa finally turn around to face her.

''What's wrong with you ? You're acting like this ever since Rang came.'' Y/n said now feeling helpless.

''What's wrong with me ? I should ask you that. You've changed y/n, ever since he came.''

''No Do hwa, im still the same. I agree that I haven't been making time for us like before but please understand this is about something important.''
''Important ? He's important, right.''

''Don't play with my words, Do hwa.'' Y/n said now getting angry.

''Im not wrong y/n, do you think I can't see all that's going on ? Usually your walls are up so high but they weren't for him, how can you trust him so easily when he was suspected in these past cases. I told you, I showed you the evidence but you let it slide. Why ? Suddenly you've stopped talking or sharing things with me. You call me your 'best friend' and I know nothing about you now.''

''I had my reasons Do hwa.''

''Does he know about all that ?''

''What ?'' Now y/n felt that this conversation was going in a different direction and she wasn't liking it.

''So he does. Will you believe me if I do a background check on him and show you his despicable record ?''

''Park Do hwa, you won't do anything of that sort !'' Y/n cant let Rang's identity out, not at any cost. But she unknowingly hurt Do hwa making more questions rise within him.

''Why are you even defending him ? Do you like him or something ?!''

''I ----''

Y/n paused. It was as if she couldn't say those words. Why ? Why was it so difficult ? But no matter how much she wanted she couldn't come to say it. And as if that wasn't enough her phone started ringing. Rang's name flashed on the screen which they both saw.