58. No turning back

Author's POV

''Can this dagger only slay the unslainable, the Imoogi's soul ? Can't it slay your soul too ?'' Y/n asked obvious.
''Ofcourse it can.'' Yeon simply replied.
''Now, are you ready ?'' Ji ah asked.
''Ji ah, you should stay behind the back door. Dont come out until I ask you to.'' Yeon instructed as Ji ah agreed and followed his words.

''Don't you think you should tie me up ?'' Y/n suggested looking at Yeon, as he nodded. Y/n took a seat on the wooden chair in front of him while Yeon tied her to it quite loosely.

Y/n then gave a final look to him as she closed her eyes tight, concentrating to bring the Imoogi out.
When she didn't react for some time Yeon and Ji ah got worried. The gumiho called out her name as he walked close to her concerned.

''Die, Yeon.'' Y/n whispered in a creepy voice as she pounced on the fox stabbing him with the dagger as Yeon helplessly fell to the ground with a loud thud making Ji ah inaudibly shriek.

The noise was loud enough to reach outside the room which wasn't left unheard by the three. Rang, who was busy trying to reach out y/n through texts, almost jerked up worried about Yeon and started walking towards the said room when Shin Ju & Hye ja stopped him.

''How pathetic. Who knew you would actually come in possession of the sin slayer.'' The Imoogi inside y/n spoke crouching down.
He then plucked out a piece of himself from y/n's body and shoved it in Yeon's mouth.

''An old home for a new one.'' He smiled creepily when he almost stumbles back. To his shock, Yeon stood up perfectly fine as he removed the piece of Imoogi that laid on his tongue, never making it inside his body.

''Do you know how pricey houses are these days ? You little thief.'' Yeon sassed while the imoogi was baffled.
''What on earth ?''
''I got what I needed. So this is how you jump from body to body.''
''So this dagger was never.....''
''It didnt cost more than 10 dollars at the flea market. The fortune teller only pops up whenever & wherever he wants.''
''Darn it.''
''Right back at ya.''

Meanwhile, Rang was getting restless as seconds passed but y/n didnt reply to his messages. In anxiousness, he decided to call her. The phone did ring but the sound of the ringtone came from much closer. Rang's ears perked up. The sound of the phone ringing was coming from the room where Yeon and Ji ah were supposedly bringing out the Imoogi.

''Why is the ringing of a phone coming from this room ?'' Rang asked looking at Shin ju and a nervous Hye ja who was not meeting eyes with Rang.

Rang wasn't a fool to not connect the dots. He rushed towards the door and started removing the nailed wooden planks with his bare hands furiously.

''Rang stop ! You cant open the door.'' Shin ju tried moving him away from the door only to get pushed away, crashing on the floor.
''Shin ju, are you alright ?'' Hye ja sprinted towards the gumiho.
''Rang, dont do that. Stop please.'' She tried persuading him.
''Y/n is in there !'' Rang yelled helpless and angry at the same time.

''Knowing my secret doesn't change anything. Even if you bury it elsewhere i'll still find a way back to her.'' The imoogi unknowingly revealed.
''So what you're saying is, that I can plant your soul elsewhere by burying this. For instance, how about that rattle snake ?'' Yeon said pointing towards the cage trapping the creature.
''I dare you to try.''

''Right, this is why I like this part of the Imoogi better than the other one. A villain should atleast be this crazy. Romance, my foot.'' Yeon tried manipulating the Imoogi.
''This woman is and will be my hostage. One note to add, she serves a better host than Ji ah. She's powerful.''
''The other piece of Imoogi is more interested in y/n rather than being united with you.''
''He is nothing but a bunch of fragments.''
''Not according to him tho.''
''Do you really think you can pit us against each other ? Dream on.'' The Imoogi wasn't naive to not understand what Yeon was trying to get at.