Chapter Eleven: The Battle of Reptaria

August 29th 2410

"Captain's Log: Star Date 387340.164. We have explained the situation regarding the Warp Core scans to the Shalari Republic, Drakor Alliance and Reptarian Free State. Realising the threat that the Empire could pose if they successfully reverse engineer Warp technologies from a much more advanced civilisation, the Shalari and Drakor have chosen to recognise the Free State as the legitimate government of the Reptarian people and have sent in forces to help end the war as soon as possible. The First through Fourth Shalari Defence Force Expeditionary Fleets have been deployed to Raxus V, a major Imperial shipyard and weapons production facility in order to provide a distraction for the Apollo and the joint task force consisting of ships and invasions forces from the Shalari Defence Force Ground Infantry, Drakor Alliance Mobile Tank Divisions and the Reptarian Free Army Infrantry Units. While the alien military forces will invade Reptaria and put an end to the Empire, the Apollo will recover the Warp Core scans from the space station in orbit above the planet. Hopefully we are not too late and this war will end before it get's worse."

Reptaria was the capital planet of the now collapsing Reptarian Empire. For seven years the Empire had been at war with the Reptarian Free State, a rebel movement seeking to end the tyrannical rule of Emperor Lizar and bring about freedom and democracy for their people. The Empire now only controlled a portion of their former territories and the Free State were liberating planet after planet as more time went on. It was clear that the Reptarian Free State would inevitably win thanks to both popular support from the people and the new weapons being developed by the brilliant minds of the Research and Development Services. But despite that, Emperor Lizar had stubbornly refused all offers by President Torkura to surrender in exchange for the Empire being allowed to keep control of their remaining territories. As long as no further acts of violence were taken against the people and the Free State as a whole. For two years the war had been in a long and bloody stalemate that had no end in sight. The Reptarian Imperial Guard had failed at every attempt to retake even a single planet from the Free State and the Reptarian Free Army had failed to break through the blockade surrounding what few planets the Empire still controlled. It had been official for far too long, the war was going in no ones favour... Until now.

On the edges of the solar system of the Reptarian Empire's Capital Planet was a massive fleet of thirty one ships. Ten ships were escorts from the Shalari Defence Force, ten were battleships from the Reptarian Free Navy, ten were troop transport ships from the Drakor Alliance Mobile Tank Divisions that also held soldiers from the Reptarian Army and the final ship was the U.S.S Apollo, the most advanced ship in the entire system. 

Standing at the Bridge was Captain Ethan Rivers, the Commanding Officer of the Apollo and the man intent on getting his crew home to the Alpha Quadrant. While their primary goal was to return home, their secondary was to abide by the guidelines and principles of the United Federation of Planets and Starfleet. Most important the Prime Directive which forbid anyone in the Federation from making first contact with pre-Warp societies and involving themselves with purely internal affairs of alien races. But the Reptarian Civil War was no longer an internal affair. Pirates, sanctioned by the Empire, had attacked the Apollo and scanned the ships Warp Core. The Empire now had those scans and were attempting to reverse engineer the Warp Core of the Apollo in order to win the war. Now, the fleet that lay at the edge of the system had to fight a battle for the ages to stop the Reptarian Empire from achieving their evil goal: Galactic domination. Determined to stop the Empire, Ethan pressed on his Com Badge and said "Captain Ethan Rivers of the Federation Star Ship Apollo to the Allied Fleet assembled here today, let's do it."

With that simple command, the ships charged forward to liberate Reptaria once and for all from the Empire. As the Apollo and the Free Navy ships charged towards the Imperial Guard ships, the Imperial ships began firing phaser blasts in an attempt to destroy them and win the battle. As the Reptarian Free Navy ships began firing on the Imperial ships, Ethan looked over at Voq and said "How about we give our friends in the Navy a little help Voq?" Voq slightly nodded and said "Yes Sir. Firing to disable enemy shields at your command." Ethan then said to both Voq and William "Ensign Jackson, take evasive maneuverers around the nearest Imperial ship. Voq, when we're close enough, fire to disable the shields." Both of them said "Aye Captain." almost in unison as they carried out their orders. The Apollo then flew around the nearest Imperial ship at full impulse, despite the ship that well resembled a velociraptor being nearly three times the size of the Apollo, the Apollo flew much faster and fired powerful phaser bursts at the shields to disable them. After just five shots, the shields on the enemy ship was down and a Marauder Class ship from the Reptarian Free Navy fired two photon torpedoes at the enemy ship, obliterating the lower half of the front hull instantly!