Chapter Fifteen: Concordia

"Captain's Log: Supplemental. We have discovered a colony of former Borg drones that seem to have escaped the Collective and formed a new society on this moon orbiting a gas giant that they call "Concordia". Quite a fitting name, considering that it's Latin for "harmony and peace." The colony consists of Humans, Brunali, Wysanti, Vulcans and Talaxians, all of them having overcome their differences to achieve a peaceful society on this planet. We have established contact and are now going to land in order to get some answers for as to how they all got here."

On a peninsula in the Eastern Hemisphere of Concordia were three beautiful cities, all but a one hour journey by car to each other. For over thirty years the people of these cities had existed in peace and harmony with each other and had been building a new civilisation on Concordia. They had not had any contact with any Alien power and had existed as any Pre-Warp society would: Still learning about their planet and dreaming of one day exploring strange new worlds, seeking out new life and new civilisations and boldly going where no one had gone before. Now, a Nova-Class Starfleet Science Vessel was in orbit above Concordia, at last, after thirty three years, contact was re-established with the United Federation of Planets.

Just outside of the Capital City of New Rome was the U.S.S Apollo, which had landed an hour earlier to make contact. Several thousand people from all over the City had come rushing over in cars and on foot to see that huge vessel that was parked right outside their home. As the people gazed at the ship in awe, a ramp opened up at the fore end and everyone could see about two dozen or so Starfleet Crewmen in full uniform. As Captain Ethan Rivers looked down at the people, he saw that all of the older generations had Borg implants in them and the younger generation had not a single implant due to being born on the planet. As the Bridge Crew and their direct subordinates walked down the ramp, thunderous applause and cheering was heard from Human and Vulcan members of the crows. As the crowd quietened down, the same Talaxian man and Human woman that the Apollo had first contacted in orbit walked out to the Senior Officers to greet them. With a smile on her face, Cassandra shook hands with Ethan and said "It's so good to see a Federation Star Ship after all these years!" The Talaxian made a small laugh as he said "It's also good to finally see one for the first time in my life. The name's Oxilon by the way. Welcome to Concordia." Ethan shook hands with Oxilon and said "It's nice to be here. Now about how you got here?" Cassandra then explained "Well that's a long story that the President intends to explain in person. This way please Captain." Captain Rivers and the Bridge Crew then followed Cassandra and Oxilon through the cheering crowd as they made their way to New Rome, capital of the Concordian Union.

New Rome was a magnificent city indeed. With over forty thousand residents, the coastal city boasted just over half of the Union's population and was a centre of trade and commerce. It was also where the Concordian Senate met every week to discuss new laws and new directions for the people of Concordia to take. The streets were littered with houses and shops that sold food, medicine and other basic necessities and commodities. But what the Apollo Crew found more impressive was that Humans, Vulcans, Brunali, Wysanti and Talaxians were all walking the streets as equals. No one judged each other and no one harmed each other. Though difficult, they had found harmony and coexistence with one another.

The Concordian Senate was a large building indeed. Standing at over one hundred metres tall and painted a bright green, it served as a beacon of hope and democracy on Concordia. The nine pillars at the entrance all each had a letter on them and spelt "Concordia". As Ethan and the Bridge Crew made their way up the steps while reporters blasted questions at them and photographers snapped photographs of the interstellar travellers from forty one thousand lightyears away, T'Vrell said "The symbolism of the pillars is quite fascinating." Ethan agreed and said "Yes it is. I'm honestly surprised the Federation hasn't done the same."