Chapter Thirty Two: Planet Heiwa

At the centre of the entrance to the Museum of New Tokyo was a statue commemorating the original leaders of Heiwa. The planet where people from Earth had been brought to during the Third World War, the most devastating conflict in Human history. Rear Admiral Ethan Rivers was astonished to learn this. As were the rest of the away team, who were filled with shock and awe at this discovery. Ethan quietly said to Alisha so that none of the other people in the museum could hear "How did these people get here in the first place?" Alisha thought for a moment, then looked around to make sure no one was looking and quietly said "I think that these "Galactic Guardians" are the ones responsible. But who are they?" William had an idea as he said "Maybe it's the Q?" Ethan quietly snarled and said "I hope not. I met Captain Qaylan Furlong while at the Academy and he told me all about his encounter with that mad man of an immortal. So I'll be damned if it's him of all people." Ada then pointed at the museum wing that said "The first years of Heiwa" and said "Maybe we'll find answers over there." The away team all looked at the museum wing that seemed to revolve around the early days of planet Heiwa and knew that they would find answers there. Ethan stroked his chin and said "Very well." Ethan then lead the away team to the museum wing, determined to find out the truth.

As they entered "The first years of Heiwa" they saw many artefacts and relics in glass display casings and paintings that dated back to the early days of Heiwa. They consisted of garden sheers and other farming equipment, the first maps written of the island of "Kojima" and the original copies of books that had been written by scientists who studied the plant and wildlife of Heiwa. There was also something that caught Ethan's eye at the end of the hall. Lots of people surrounded an exhibit that they seemed very excited about. The away team quickly walked over, passing preserved plants and animal skeletons that had been studied during the early days of Heiwa and arrived to find a stand with a glass dome on top, covering a rifle that dated back to World War Three. A tour guide stood next to it and was wearing a suit grey suit and red tie as he said "Now you see ladies and gentlemen, this automatic rifle is the exact same one that was used by Hiroshi Toguchi during the Third World War. Hiroshi enlisted in the Japanese People's Army in twenty twenty four and fought in the War for five years before the Galactic Guardians brought him and several hundred others here to Heiwa. Quite ironically Hiroshi was the first to put down his weapon and embrace harmony and peace, the two founding principles of Heiwa. He was partly inspired to do so by Adaku Babangida, a peace activist from Nigeria who opposed the war. Them, along with the other three Founders, became the leaders of the small community that today is New Tokyo and is now the capital of the Republic of Heiwa."

The museum visitors then applauded the tour guide, who then walked over to a glass casing contained a photograph of the Five Founders at the ground breaking ceremony of New Tokyo City Hall. The tour guide then explained to the crowd "Each of the Five Founders did something that contributed greatly to the birth of New Tokyo. For example, Abaku Babangida served as a spiritual leader in the early days of Heiwa. She used her religion, Islam, as a strong unifying force among many of the more frightened and petrified survivors that had been brought to Heiwa. Then there is Hiroshi, he was in charge of enforcing law and order. He established a bill of rights and set up a Police force to enforce it. Then there was Nidia Rodriguez, she was from a nice and quiet town in Mexico. Well at least it was nice and quiet before the Eastern Coalition blew it to bits." Mutters of agreement were heard throughout the crowd when the tour guide mentioned the town being attacked. The tour guide then explained "Nidia was the self proclaimed "Morale Chief" of New Tokyo. She held events that helped keep everyone's spirits up. Such as the Full Moon Festival and the Autumn Harvest. Then there was Hasan Kahn, a humble lumberjack from India who bravely brought piles of wood to New Tokyo so that they could survive the cold winters each year." Sounds of approval were heard throughout the crowd at the mention of these his extremely noble and famous historic figures. Sounds of agreement were also heard as the tour guide explained "Then of course there is Robert Franklin. He was a construction worker from the United Kingdom. During World War Three he helped rebuild towns that were destroyed by atomic bombs dropped by both the Western Alliance and Eastern Coalition. After being brought to Heiwa however, he focused on building shelters for the people to sleep in at night and both figuratively and literally helped build New Tokyo."

The museum visitors were all indulged by what the tour guide was saying and got indulged even more as he walked over to a large painting of a figure that glowed a bright blue and seemed to resemble a Humanoid. The tour guide then excitedly said to the crowd "But how did they get here? That's easy. The original Heiwans were brought to Heiwa by the Galactic Guardians. Soldiers and civilians who were hiding in churches, libraries, community centres and so on were brought here along with said buildings via an advanced teleportation method. Upon arriving a Galactic Guardian would appear and tell them that their people were self proclaimed protectors of all life in the Galaxy. They feared that the War would inevitably end life on Earth. So they brought people here to build a new society and that society is the one we live in today."

Applause was heard from the crowd when the tour guide finished speaking. The away team also had some answers. They now understood that the Heiwans' ancestors had been brought to the planet by some alien race called "The Galactic Guardians." But Alisha however needed answers regarding how many people had been brought to Heiwa. So she raised her hand and asked "How many people did the Guardians bring here?" The tour guide looked over at Alisha and answered "There were just over five million people." Ethan almost gasped as he heard the tour guide say that there were five million people brought from Earth to Heiwa. All of a sudden it all made sense. The original Heiwans were the five million people who mysteriously dissapeared during the Third World War without a trace.