azaria

I've been swamped with assignments for the past few days. I haven't slept in 24 hours and I'm running on coffee and energy drinks trying to get this physics assignment done.

Who ever invented physics needs to be jailed.

When I'm done I plan on taking a warm shower and knocking out.

But first I need to finish this and leave this terrible library.

Stop being dramatic and finish your assignment

When I'm finally finished I pack up my stuff and start walking to my apartment.

It's 11pm and I don't particularly feel safe but I don't have money to spare on a Uber or taxi. My apartment is only a 15 minute walk but if I walk really fast I can cut that time in half.

When I'm 5 minutes away from home I hear someone say "hey gorgeous how bout you come here and show us a good time" i turn around and it's a group of 5 men that are wearing baggy jeans that sag and dirty wife beaters. These men look to be about 40 give or take. "Thanks for the compliment you're so sweet" i turn back around and continue walking until I hear ruffling and movement. "You slut don't walk away from us"

Okay so they're not nice?

"Hey I'm not a slut and-" I'm cut off when I see they start running towards me. WHAT IS GOING ON.

I've watched enough criminal minds to know this won't end well if I don't start running. I can't lead them to my home so I decide to cross the street and go back the way i came from. Haha look at those losers, they have to wait for the cars to pass so they can cross the street.

I decide I don't have to run anymore so I walk in a leisurely pace and start whistling. It's actually a pretty nice night out.

I should probably get a job. Mina and I have been using the money we saved during high school and it's about to finish.

I see a small Italian restaurant that actually looks adorab-

"Guess we got you bitch"

Wait.

I thought they gave up.

I turn around and they're only 2 feet away "eek just give it up you old farts" I start running as fast as I can to the restaurant. If those men get me I'll probably be sex trafficked.

Scary.

When I enter the building the first thing I smell is tomatoes and basil and my stomach growls.

Stop embarrassing me stomach

The place is cozy and old fashion with the checkered table cloth on all the tables. There's a jukebox in the corner playing billy Joel. The walls are a dark tan giving the whole place a calm aura. The ceramic tiles are clean and have scratches on them. I'm assuming this restaurant has been in business for a long time.

There are a only 4 patrons and 2 waitresses. I rush to one of the tables next to a woman and a man that are on what looks like a date. I slouch against my seat so those men don't notice me. They can't hurt me in front of all these people right?

I mistakingly took the seat facing the door and I make eye contact with one of the guys as they rush into the place. He starts smirking at me with his yellow teeth. I smile back with a small wave.