azaria

I was wrong.

Oh so horribly wrong.

Xander is quite literally the devil reincarnated. Is that mean? Maybe. But it's definitely accurate.

This man is literally the worst person to work for. He has a million things to do in a day and i have to be there for every one of them. He need to go get a hair cut? I'm there. He needs a new car? I'm there. Don't even ask why he's always shopping for a new car, rich people don't have common sense. For gods sake i had to watch him get a new tattoo. Why did I need to be there for that??

When I saw the amount of tattoos he had I was absolutely bamboozled. He has a full sleeve and a few random tattoos on his chest. His very broad chest. I nearly had heart palpitations.

You would assume a guy who works in tech wouldn't be sculpted like Adonis. When he has the time to work out I will never know. I spend every day with him and he doesn't speak to me but the second I'm 1 minute late he throws a fit.

I've been working for him for 2 weeks now. When I had to take my mid terms I had to beg him to give me time off. He agreed to let me take my exam and come back to work.

I'm not a violent person but after having a panic attack in the middle of my lecture hall and then coming to work just to get yelled at by my boss makes me want to wring someone's neck.

After my last exam Mina and Kate wanted to go out to celebrate but Xander said I had to come back to the office. Mina threatened to kill him.

We have to be in Chicago for a meeting today but Xander said I'm not allowed on his private jet. So I'm sitting next to an adorable little girl in coach.

I'm listening to her tell me about something called cocomelon. I don't know what that is but I act interested nevertheless.

A pang of melancholy hit me when her mother looks at her with so much love and tenderness. I want that. I wanted it as a child and I want it as an adult. But it's okay because one day I'll have a family of my own and I'll love my kids the way I wanted to be loved.

My smile falters a little "hey azzy are you okay?" Emily asks me while she tugs on my hand with her chubby little fingers.

I fix my face "everything is fine princess" she gives me a toothless smile. She's so adorable I laugh.

When we land I get up and get my carry on and make my way out. When I hit the tarmac and start walking into the airport I hear "AZZY!"

I turn around and see Emily running towards me and I can't help but smile. Her legs looks so chubby it's precious.

When she reaches me she clasps onto my leg and looks up at me with her big brown eyes. I almost coo.

I bend down to her height and say "hi gorgeous"

She hugs me putting her arms around my neck and says "I love you azzy. I'm going to miss you."

Validation from a child is the best. Warmth courses through my veins when I say "I love you too sweetie. I'll miss you too. And I'll watch cocomelon and think about you the whole time."

She pulls back with red stained eyes "you better like it or we can't be friends anymore."

I laugh and she gives me one of her toothless smiles.

I stand up and wave her mom bye and tap Emily's head in farewell.

I call an Uber to the hotel Xander is waiting at. I look at the time and sigh. He's going to be annoyed I'm late.

I get into my Uber and greet the driver named Dave. He's not very talkative but I'm okay with that. I have things to think about.

I have a doctors appointment that I promised mina I wouldn't miss in a few days. I have to visit my foster parents because they want to see me for whatever reason. I'm also starting to fall behind in school again.