azaria

Walking into my lecture I see Kate in the corner of the room with her eyes closed.

I haven't talked to Kate in a few days so I walk over to her and say "hey Kate how have you been? Long time no see huh" she looks up at me with a shocked expression. Does she still not like me?

"Hey aria I've been good how about you?" I'm just starting to notice her and Xander look nothing alike. He has gray eyes and black hair with sharp cutting features while Kate has green eyes, pretty blonde hair and soft almost delicate features.

"I've been great I'm sorry I haven't spoken to you in a few days I've been swamped with assignments"

"Yeah it's okay don't worry about it"

"Hey do you wanna hang out with me and my friends at the library after class? I made cookies and we're gonna eat them while we gossip"

Don't reject me don't reject me don't reject me don't rej-

"Yeah no problem. Is it okay if we walk there together?" She's not making eye contact with me and I notice she's being fidgety. Weird.

"Yeah I'll be your escort not the sexual kind unless... no not that kind but if you're... no no it's wrong okay I'll talk to you later bye" why am I so ugh

I would sit in my usual seat next to Kate but someone else is sitting there and I'm not confident enough to tell someone to get off.

I ended up sitting next to a goth girl that was really nice. She asked for my number and I was more than happy to give it to her. Making new friends is so amazing.

When the class is finished I wait near the exit for Kate and ended up greeting everyone that's leaving. I was more than honored to be the class mascot or something. But I will be honest I forgot everyone's names. You can't blame me though, there are nearly 200 people in this class and I cannot memorize that many names.

"You ready to go?" Kate is the last person to leave the class.

"Yeah get in loser we're going cookie eating" i pretend to be chewing gum.

"Did you just reference mean girls? That's so fetch" we both look at each other seriously for a few a seconds then burst out laughing.

On our walk to the library Kate tells me she's a New York native and that she's of Italian descent. I learn she's 20 and is graduating next year with a degree in computer science. She's also a sugar fiend like me hence why she came with me.

When we reach the library I see mina already sitting at a table with Isaac. They're staring at each other and I can see a little blush on Mina's cheeks. Isaac must've noticed too because he laughs and pinches her cheeks. She hits him and he just laughs louder.

"Hey Kate fair warning mina and Isaac are both a little bizarre" i love them both but even I (the strangest person ever) can admit they're weird.

"Only a little? That's good at least they don't take a lot of attention away from your bizzaredness" i stop walking and look at her and she starts looking nervous "i was just jok-"

I pull her into a hug and nearly scream "that was brilliant you're finally getting comfortable with me" I'm laughing because her joke was funny and this means we're becoming real friends!!!

She awkwardly taps my back and chuckles a little. When I pull away but still holding her shoulders I say "you and me Kate were gonna be great friends"

She smiles.

We both make our way to the table and i sit across mina while Kate sits across Isaac.

I know Isaac is friendly so I don't have to worry about him making Kate uncomfortable but I am more than worried about what mina will say.