Fighting Her Battles

1
FIGHTING HER BATTLES

1FIGHTING HER BATTLES

10 DEC

Devika woke up early at 4.30 am like her routine since past 7 years and her brother Ritvik was awake as well, and both the brother sister decided to go on a morning walk, and they slowly made out their ways from the swarm of people sleeping in her room.

As they were walking , "So now that you have officially turned 18 , What are the plans ahead?"- Ritvik asked .

"Plans have always been same Bhai , Now introducing myself to to higher employees and Board Member though there aren't many and then focusing on Business from upfront"-Devika replied with her gaze at the blue waters .

"Not Business but life Devika , the life ahead"- Ritvik asked , motioning his hand.

"My life, My Sanity lies in work Bhai , it keeps me going , it's my ray of sunshine , there is no other plan"- Devika straightly replies

"My Love , forget those memories , let go of those things . It isn't doing any good . Try baby you are losing yourself"- Ritvik says and hugged her not-so-little-anymore sister .

"What do you think I am not , I am , I always will , I promised Mumma that I won't lose, and I am not , I am still fighting and will continue to do so . It isn't that easy as it seems Riv" - Devika replied meeting Ritvik's gaze and steps ahead of him and continued to walk .

While Ritvik stops in his tracks , well known of the fact that her sister uses his nick name when she is in utmost longing and sadness , his heart pains seeing her sister who unlike all of them didn't have that simple of a childhood and to this day he curses himself , somewhere in his heart he will always know that he failed as a brother but his sister always tells it's not his fault , but he can't do better , and just so that the rest of the siblings don't feel the same she never let them know of the things that happened , its only Ritvik , her dad , her late mom , and Jai who knows .
'God help her , help my little baby she is strong FIGHTING HER BATTLES, her bad times. Give her all the strength don't let her fall because she won't be able to gather herself after it , SAVE HER' Ritvik silently prayed in his heart .
...
Avro Café , Oahu

At 8.00 am sharp Devika arrives at the café with Alexander and Johnny , dressed in all formals she takes a seat and wait for her potential clients to arrive . If the deal today closes , it would be the biggest hit in the market and the first and the biggest foreign tie up of her company .

2-hours-later

Devika for a long time awaited to close off this deal herself and hence she kept it for today on her 18th birthday that would make her legit to present herself as the CEO .

To say that the clients were shocked to see such a young girl will be an understatement and cherry-on-the-top they were highly impressed with her communicative and business skills . Till the end they knew investment with the young lady in front of them will surely not cause downfall , at the least , and Devika assured them of success and exited the café , with a smile of success on her face .