YOUR BROTHER

11YOUR BROTHER

11
YOUR BROTHER

12 APRIL 2011Shergill Mansion , New Delhi

12 APRIL 2011
Shergill Mansion , New Delhi

"A new day , a new start" , muttering this to myself I kept my book down . It was 4:30 , time for me to get down from my bed. I had woken up 40-minutes ago and spent my time rejuvenating for a new day .

Following my routine I made my apple cider solution , an extra for my brother , I took it to his room , to find Ritvik Bhai was still asleep , and just like the great sister I am , I will wake him up and also the fact I know shaking , shouting screaming or even spilling water will do no good , so I directly came to my super technique .

I climbed the bed sat beside and leaned to his ear ,
"Bhai , your warehouse caught fire" and it worked the next moment , "WHAT THE FUCK , WHERE ?" , he screamed awake and threw the sheets away in lightning speed, he stood up from the bed and turned around to see me smiling

AND

It dawned upon him

"It's not done Evi , it's the 67th time you are doing so ." , he growled at me

"But it still works after 66 successful tries" , I mocked him, and he just gave me the hardest looks he can and picked up his cup from the coffee table and settled on the rocking chair , and I also got down and made his bed

"You know I can do that and also there are house - help here." Bhai said but I gave a deaf ear .

I had my solution and got my sports shoes and a shrug on and followed my routine - jogged to the Lodhi Garden , worked out , the green smoothie and jogged back . It was 6:00 am when I got back home , doing the morning business took 20 minutes , I wore professional attire .

In the kitchen I found the usual view of my Chachi telling the helpers what to do for the day , seeing me nodding her head and serving breakfast and a watermelon crush .

It is 7:00 am and it'd be 30 minutes for everyone to come down for breakfast , hence I decided to use papa's study to complete some work and then greeting the rest I'll leave for work .

The Suryavanshis will be leaving today, and it wouldn't be nice of me to leave without seeing them.

I entered the dining room to see everyone seated as well as the Suryavanshis . I greet everybody and sit next to Papa though I am not having breakfast .

I look to my side to see Ran Bhai making his cereal bowl and he is going to put the milk first , who does that ?

"Ran you put the cereal first." I cried out and stood up to make his cereal bowl myself standing between him and Amaan's chair , and he let me do it .

"Papa, why don't you find a counsellor and get her OCD treated ." , Ran Bhai said in a 'duh' tone making me glare at him

"I don't have OCD , but milk before cereal is cringy" , I tell him and then Amaan Bhai silently nudges me to butter his toast as well and I do so , after all I am the favourite sister .

Then after a lot of small bickering with my brothers and at last Chachi shouting at us - 'That how still we all need to grow up' , and a small talk with Mr. Rakshak I left for office .

It has been quite a while , almost two years that I visited the India headquarters of my company, and I couldn't help but notice the drastic changes it has had .

...

13 APRIL 2011
Shreegarh Palace

The Elder Suryavanshis reached Shreegarh the day before, and the rest of the clan was waiting for them eagerly , for what would take place next . But seeing them tired from their journey they rolled the topic for today .

Mahendra - Geetika and Jeetendra - Lajja entered the patio space, and the rest of the family was waiting for them , minus the youngsters . The discussion went along with breakfast : about the dates , ceremonies , guest list etc. .

Both Devika and Shauryaveer wanted a close wedding and no media involvement . So, the guests invited had to be just the most near royal relatives, the venue had to be chosen nearby to Shreegarh and off limits , for people to guess it was a royal wedding .

"Everything seems good , but we have to inform Jaya and Brijesh ji as well." , Lajja suggested

"We will talk to Maa Sa Hukum about it , and she will tell us how to do so ." , Mahendra said, and she nodded .

"I think we should meet Amit Bhaiya ." Nandini said ,

Putting Geeta's inner turmoil to words . Both the sisters dearly missed their brother . Their wrong actions are not even worth asking forgiveness , but for the sake of their children to see their maternal family for once , they will have to go to Kasauli .

"Your brother ?" Mrs. Gaur asked, and both nodded at her .

"It has been so long . Almost 26 years , he would've married , had children and so much more ."
Geeta trailed at the end with tears glistening her eyes .

"We will talk to all of them and leave by tomorrow ." Rajesh said, caressing his wife's hands , consoling her .

At some moments he and Mahendra would feel bad for their respective wives not meeting their brother , but talking about the same with them , they'll quickly shoo the topic off .

...