TILAK & SARVA SAMPURNA

14

14

16 APRIL 2011

The day started hectic at the Shergill Mansion , the entire family is preparing for the Tilak Ceremony . The five brothers were running here and there perfecting the arrangements while the elders were arranging the needful for the ritual .

The Rajvansh Mansion was bustling too , where the entire family was looking forward to welcoming the Shergills for the Tilak Ceremony . Shauryaveer dressed in a heavy festive kurta pyjama , while the other family members looked no different .

Soon enough , as the clock struck 12 : 00 in the noon , 5 sleek black cars with the Shergill insign , arrived in the long driveway of the Rajvansh Mansion . Their punctuality sang great words of their military heritage . As the staff unloaded the gifts and the platter the Shergill family men exited the car and moved towards the mansion .

In the Rajput culture , the Tilak ceremony is considered as the official ceremony beginning the relationship of a to-be bride and groom

In the Rajput culture , the Tilak ceremony is considered as the official ceremony beginning the relationship of a to-be bride and groom . Herein , only the male members of the bride's family arrive at the grooms . As the name suggests the brothers of the bride apply tilak to the groom's forehead and give him presents , clothes , sweets and most importantly a sword .

Devika's father , uncle Jaykar , her five brothers and her maternal uncle Amrinder Singh were received by Shauryaveer's father , uncle , Rajesh Dhawan , Shekhar Rajvansh and other members of the Shreegarh Royals..

The ceremony begins with Samarthy and Ranvijay applying Tilak to Shauryaveer , followed by Amrinder Singh and the rest of the brothers .

Rajveer Shergill applies tilak to Shauryaveer's father , Jaykar to Jeetendra and Ishaan applies Tilak to Rakshak . In a way them applying Tilak to the groom's father , uncle and elder brother signifies that even they are responsible to protect and guard Devika like the men of her family have .

The ceremony is followed by exchange of gifts and introduction between the folks of both the families . Followed by lunch , the family astrologer is called to match the 36 Gun and the stars of both the bride and the groom .

36 GUN are considered by comparing the birth charts of the bride and the groom.

The astrologer also concludes the royal lineages of both the families , an important part of Royal marriages in India . It is important for the bride and the groom to hail from separate clans .

Among the 36 GUN at least 18 should match for the marriage to be approved .

The royal astrologers studied the horoscope charts for an hour until announcing that about 33 GUN of the Devika and Shauryaveer match .

Which not only approves the marriage , but when more than 32 Gun are matched it is called to be the idealistic best degree of marriage . The compatibility is the highest and the best .

The Royal astrologers' words bring joy to both the families as one of the most worrisome claims was now done .

Sarva sampoornam

Mangalayam