THE OFFICIAL ENGAGEMENT

18 THE OFFICIAL ENGAGEMENT

18
THE OFFICIAL ENGAGEMENT

21.2.2011

"Devika has arrived. She will be here before us shortly." Ranvijay announces.
A few minutes pass when Paras and Jaidev, enter the hall with Amaan.

"Raj uncle, sat shri akal . Kaise hain aap ?" Jaidev greets Rajveer uncle and bends down to touch his feet with the widest smile.
He goes on to greet Jaykar uncle and Amrinder uncle, Devika's maternal uncle the same way before Ishaan Shergill takes over and directs him towards Baba Sa Hukum, Kaka Sa, Rajesh Kaka Sa and ... Shekhar Kaka Sa. Paras closely accompanies them.

"Mahendra uncle, this is Jaidev. Jaidev this Shreegarh family and that is Shauryaveer."

Jaidev turns towards me, pushing his hand which I receive with a handshake "Jaidev Vijay Ranjvansh" "Shauryaveer Suryavanshi" we exchange and he gets back towards the rest of the audience.

"So the thing over here is , Jaidev is a really important person in this situation." Ishaan Shergill starts and Jaidev shakes his head saying

"Am I not always ?" Jaidev asks with a smug
"Shut up Rajvansh"

"So background knowledge Jaidev and Devika have been best friends since they were 5. They went to school in Gwalior together, they went to boarding school together, they went to Columbia together and they both topped their classes together. All in all Jaidev and Devika have been the best of best friends, sometime we like to think they are twins by how exact they know each other." Ishaan Shergill enlightens us with this precious information before giving Jaidev a silent sign and he proceeds to greet the elders of our family. He stops with each individual for a small talk before moving on to the next one.

I take this time to take a look at Aayush, who by all means and sense is gawking at his brother. His brother. A nice ring to it ... isn't it ?

Jaidev in fact is actually a specimen of the best body structure. Build muscles, toned chest, hard jawline etc etc. Cherry on top, I know Aayush can see most of the similarities that lie between Jaidev and his ... uhoh

their father.

With this comes the most dreaded part, I definitely wouldn't be surprised actually none of us would be if Jaidev ignores Kaka Sa and moves ahead. But surprisingly ... HE DOESN'T

Jaidev bents down and touches his feet and waits for Shekhar Kaka Sa's hand to touch him for blessings and Kaka Samtakes a while but pushes himself to bless him, as soon as his surprise fades away.

Soon Jaidev turns around and walks over to Rajveer Uncle and starts a conversation .

.
.
.

Soon the registrar takes the centre stage announcing the rules of the conduct of the official ceremony.