57

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 57

Nanah's POV

Looking at Abubakar who's standing dumbstruck by the door staring at me and luqman i turn my gaze away from him and try to relax on luqman body.

"Come in Abubakar."His step dad say and Abu walk inside all the while with his eyes piercing on me.

"G...goo..good afternoon."he greet stammering terribly as i look down at him from where he's slightly kneeling in respect before he sit back on the couch.

"Afternoon abubakar how is work?
Didn't you see your aunt?"luqman say without a care and Abu look back at me without a word.

"Ummah good Afternoon."he greet his mum who nod, the way the two are staring at me is just uncomfortable and tiring.

"Abubakar."luqman call and glance at me.
"This is my new wife Nanah,
Your mum told me everything but as bad as everything seems to the two of you i love my wife,
Whatever happened between you and Nanah should remain in the past because,
I won't tolerate if anyone treat her disrespectful,
She's like your step mum since she's married to me and i will appreciate it if you treat her nicely."luqman say and i glance at Abu who's just staring at me, I can see it in his face, how speechless he is, he open his mouth several times but words could not come out of it.

"Luqman I'm not going to tolerate this,
How old is the Nanah that you expect abubakar to treat her the way you are saying,
Just.............

"Basira."luqman call and i look up at my ex mother in-law.
"Nanah is my wife and this is my house,
You are my wife, so is she.
If Abubakar won't respect my wife then i don't need his respect at all."luqman say and i look at abubakar who is sitting on the couch.

"Good afternoon Nanah."he greet and i swear i don't know why but I find it rather funny but i try not to burst into laughter.

"If you can't add a little respect tittle to the name then don't call her nam.......

"Mine it's fine,
Afternoon abubakar,
how's your family?"I say and he didn't respond back making me to shrug.

"Ummah i will get going."abubakar say standing up.

"Is the result out?"basira ask and we both curiously turn our attention to abubakar.

"Yes ummah i will call you later and we will talk."he say and glance at me then back to his uncle, the look of bewilderment and unbelievable still on his face.

"Abbah i will get going."abubakar say and luqman nod.

"Okay,
My regards to your family."he say and abubakar nod.

"My regard to Fatima,
I will come and check on her before i leave insha Allah."I say and i honestly don't mean to sound sarcastic because i will really want to see Fatima and the baby.

Abubakar quickly leave the parlour and luqman look down at me with a smile.

"Alhaji I'm not staying in this house with this girl a..............

"Ummah....Aunty basira."I say quickly correcting myself.
"I know this isn't something anyone will be happy about and I'm sorry that things ended up the way it is now,
I have a high respect for you an.........