𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗢𝗖𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘 | 02

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

FATHER had never requested for my presence. Ever.

Throughout my life as his daughter, I only felt like a shadow behind my older siblings. A shadow that they laughed at and at the same time, feared.

They feared me so much that there was this point in my life where they didn't feed me for a couple of days just because there was a full moon and they were scared that I would turn into something dangerous.

Cowards.

I sighed. I don't want to get out of my car. I don't want to attend this dinner. If only I had a choice, I would've stayed home.

Eventually, I knew that I had to get out and show some face. As much as I hated sitting on the same table as them, it's not as bad as grandpa loosing his patience and that doesn't usually happen.

With one more breath, I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down. I started humming the song mom would hum to me.

Actually, she had only sung it once. It was on the night before she was poisoned. I found the CD of the song and started listening to it whenever I felt bad or right after father's beating routine. I liked to imagine that it was her singing it, it made it a zillion times better. She was my only comfort place. So when she was poisoned, I felt lost.

Like a lost pup looking for their mother on a busy road with cars running back and fourth, you could just imagine how the pup felt with all those loud sounds, huge objects and everything going by at full speed.

In that scenario, I am-or I used to be that pup. Alone and scared.

With one more breath, I told myself "You can do this. It's only a few hours."

I picked up my sling bag from the passenger seat and stepped out of my car. I wore a black, fitting dress that had a slit from my lower left thigh down to the tip of the dress.

It was Yosano's idea to wear this.

She said; 'If you're going to that dinner, at least wear something presentable.'

Her definition of 'presentable' is concerning. I look like I'm about to enter a club filled with hoes and strippers.

I got lazy with my hair so I just left it be and tucked my hair behind my left ear, showing my silver rose designed earing.

I walked up to the restaurant. When I got inside, I was directed into an exclusive room with the sign "VIP" on the door.

Apparently, this restaurant is owned by my grandmother and it's the largest building on this town. We have five other family common rooms but this is the only one on town.