𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗢𝗖𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝟭𝟮

“INSIDE there,” she pointed at the woods

     “INSIDE there,” she pointed at the woods. behind her, “Are a group of people who I hired to attack you.”

“What?” Atsushi’s eyes went wide. “I'm sorry, did I hear that right? You hired people to attack me?”

(Y/N) hummed and took a drag, letting the smoke escape through the small gap between her lips. “Yeah. It's up to you if you're going to let them reach you. This test is about your reaction time and critical thinking.”

Atsushi sighed, “I see.”

She pulled out a timer. “I’ll be recording how long it takes you to reach the other side. On the three.”

She hovered her thumb over the small button, “One… two…”

She pressed her thumb down on the button, “Three.”

Atsushi watched for a quick second at the fast moving numbers on the device before running inside the woods.

She watched as his body disappeared into the canopy of trees. She waited for a couple of seconds before turning around to face her car. She walked towards her car, tucking the digital timer inside her pocket. Eventually, she stopped walking, her hand hovering over the knob of her car door.

“Eight,” (Y/N) whispered as she saw the same black car drove past her. She eyed the car, an unsettling pit landed in her stomach.

The same car has been going back and forth eight times. She started counting the third time she saw it pass by. When she no longer saw the car do its ninth round, she immediately knew something was wrong.

She clicked her tongue and threw the cigar on the ground before stepping on it, feeling the slight crunch beneath her. She turned around and pulled out her phone, dialing a number. A sigh escaped her lips as she brought her phone against her ear.

“Hey, Dazai,” she said. “Yeah, I need you to come here. And bring the police with you, too.”

•••••

The leaves crunched beneath Atsushi’s feet as he walked down the woods. His guard was up as he looked around him. He had already encountered five people who tried to lunge at him. He'd rather be prepared for another ambush.

Just as the topic crossed his mind, he saw a black shadow from the side of his eye. He promptly stopped and turned around, to see if he wasn't just seeing things.

Finding nothing peculiar about the line of trees, he decided to quicken his pace. The faster he leaves the woods, the fewer attacks he’ll face. He took one step forward and froze.

The glimmer of the blade met his widening eyes. He stumbled back, eyeing the masked man. Without wasting a single second, the masked man lunged forward.

Atsushi quickly got to his feet and jumped up on a nearby branch. Just as he expected, the masked man followed after him.

He jumped to another branch, to another one, then another one. It went on like that for a couple of minutes until Atsushi found himself in a clearing.

He gritted his teeth as the masked man swung his blade in front of him, the light reflecting on the blade blinded him for a quick second. When he regained his sight, the only thing that he saw was the man charging towards him.

He immediately got into stance. Running would not be a smart option. The man was already too close.

Atsushi moved his head to the side, dodging the blade of the man. He moved to the side when the man swung his katana to the direction of his head. He ducked and swung his leg under the man, only for him to jump over Atsushi's leg.

He gritted his teeth, “Damnnit.”

The man tipped his blade to his direction, the tip pointing at him. Atsushi rolled over, avoiding the tip of the blade. He quickly got to his feet, jumping back when the man lunged at him again.

“When you encounter an oppent that's fast and quick in pace,” (Y/N) said and tossed the stick to the ground. She motioned him to come closer, to which he followed.

“They’re most likely having a hard time breathing or they're using a breathing technique to stable themselves.” she said and placed her palm on his chest, just right above his lungs.

“Knocking the air off their lungs with enough pressure would be strong enough to slow them down.”

She drew her hand back, her left leg moving back along with her arm. Her hand stiffed as she slammed it against his lungs.

Atsushi gagged out, stepping back a couple of times before falling to his knees, groaning as his hand gripped the cloth above his chest.

“When they slow down, you strike,” she said and patted his head.

He looked up at her still gasping, seeing her signature smile.

“Find an opening,” he whispered to himself. He watched the man's movement intently. When the man raised both of his arms above his head to swing his blade, Atsushi's pupil's daliated.

He drew his hand back, along with his left leg. When the man was at arm's reach, he slammed his hand on his chest, causing the masked man to stumble back.

The man dropped his katana and fell on the ground, grabbing his clothed chest as he struggled to regain his breath. Atsushi sighed in relief and used this moment to strike.

He smashed his paw towards the man, only for him to hit the ground as if the man was a hologram. Slowly, the man vanished.

Atsushi had to blink a couple of times to make sure he wasn't seeing things. Then a number of clanks echoed around him. He froze on his spot, acknowledging that they were all blades getting pulled out from their holders.

Slowly, he looked up, eyes wide when he found himself surrounded with masked men, holding their katanas out.

“Shit...”

----

A/N:

hi, loves! sorry i haven't been updating much. i've been very busy with school lately:(( i hope u understand.

anyway, since it's the holdiay's season, i'll try to get more chapters out!

i hope you liked this one, even though its  quite shorter than the previous ones.

dont forget to vote and comment <3

- Hikari ★