𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 | 𝟎𝟑

Y/n had been sitting on the hood of her car for more than an hour now

Y/n had been sitting on the hood of her car for more than an hour now. She found this little secluded spot a few weeks back and it had provided her the peace and quiet that she longed for.

She huffed out smoke that she had previously sucked in from her cigarette. Everything she had heard tonight stressed her out. And what a way to de-stress than a good smoke.

Just how heartless can they be? The irony in the title that they had created for themselves was beyond funny. And she would've laughed at it, if it weren't for her having the same family name.

"Protect the people, my ass." She tossed the cigar on the ground before stepping on its burning tip.

Atsushi, monster or not, is still a living kid. And for them to take that away from him, despite being called the 'Protectors', only made her sick and ashamed to be called the same name as them.

She crossed her arms as she stared out at the sea in front of her. The distant sound of waves crashing against the shore, the soft trail of light left by the moon as it hovered above the waters, and the glittering lights flooding the dark night sky. It was indeed the peace that she longed for.

She allowed her eyes to wander around the scenery. They stopped, however, when they caught sight of a man standing on the edge of the dock. She had tried walking over that old structure, only for her to turn back as soon as it creeked beneath her feet. It's old and worn out. It's still a surprise why it hasn't broken down yet.

The dock stretched far enough from the shore that once you stand at the end of the wooden form, the water would be deep enough for a person to drown in with the lack of swimming skills.

Y/n's mouth fell open when she heard a splash. The man jumped into the water. Bubbles of air appeared shortly after the water calmed down, which was  why she hoped to see his head pop up the surface. But when the bubbles died down and there were no signs of the certain man, panic in her started. She was not just about to witness a suicide scene.

She kicked off her heels and took off her dress. At least she wore a tight body suit underneath. She was not confident enough to show some skin in that dress.

The dress dropped on the ground and she bolted towards the dock.

She climbed up the wooden stairs of the dock, biting her lip. The more steps she took, the louder the creeks came. The dock gently shook as she jogged through the old the old structure. She prayed and hoped that the dock wouldn't collapse before she could reach the edge.

As soon as she reached the end of the dock, she peered down on the water. Because it was night, she could hardly see through the water. She let out a sharp sigh as she stepped back.

She ran towards the edge and bent her knees. She jumped and positioned both of her arms in front of her. The cold water engulfed her entire body as she dove in. Water splashed around and all she could hear were the muffled sounds of the waves the gentle flow of water.

She forced herself to open her eyes underwater, despite feeling the salty liquid sting her eyes. And she was sure that her eyes would turn red the moment she goes out. She looked around and caught sight of the body of a man getting pulled by gravity deeper into the water. The dark made it even harder to see so she squinted her eyes.

The man had brown hair and his eyes were closed, but his lips were agape. Small bubbles were exiting his lips as he continued to sunk down. His face held a solemn look—peaceful, even.  He looked to about her age. She internally sighed.

"A suicidal maniac," she thought to herself as she swam down towards the body.

As she got closer to him, she could see the bandages wrapped around him. She didn't care as she reached for his floating hand.

His weight pulled her down when she grabbed his arm. Her eyes widened when she realized that she was sinking together with his body.

Y/n pulled him up with force, quickly paddling her feet under her to help push her body up. She moved her hand above them and pushed it down at an angle, adding more force. At this point, she had already been cursing the force called 'gravity' as it continued to pull them down despite her efforts of pushing them up.

Her legs started to get numb as the light of the surface came into sight.

"Just a little more," She thought as she swam up faster.

•••••

The air jammed in her throat as she coughed out air, after flopping their bodies down on the sand. She laid on her back, her eyes closed and her mouth slightly open as her chest rose and fell. Both her arms and legs felt numb as she took deep breaths. 

A shiver ran down her spine as the wind brushed up against her wet body. She could still feel the water on her feet as the waves came back and forth, hitting her feet as it washed over to shore. 

Her eyes tear open and she turned her head to face the man beside her. Y/n groaned when she realized  that he was still unconscious. She forced herself up and scooted closer to him. 

She placed both of her hands over his chest before she gave it a push.  She continued to do this until she could feel her arms getting tired. She sighed and clicked her tongue as she removed her hands from his body.

A strand of her hair fell on her face; that still had small droplets of sea water. She tucked the wet strand behind her ear as she stared at his figure. She reached her hand out and placed two fingers right under his jawline, feeling the light beat of his pulse. 

A sigh of relief escaped her lips. At least he isn't dead. It would've defeated her purpose of trying to save him. A waste of effort, to put it simply. She continued to stare as her mind wandered to different ways to wake him up. She was not just about to waste her time after pulling him out of the water and just leave him there, unconscious. 

She thought about giving him CPR to which she only groaned. No, she was not about to do that. Y/n quickly closed her eyes as she continued to scout her brain for more ideas. Eventually, she sighed. Her brain could no longer give out other possible solutions and she hated it. 

Unwillingly, she pinched his nose and parted his lips. She leaned down, hesitating a couple of times as she leaned closer, until their lips were inches away. 

The man's eyes wrenched open and she swiftly backed away. He sat up quickly and coughed out water, gasping a couple of times. He stayed quiet after his fit of coughs and his eyebrow twitched. 

"Tsk," he clicked his tongue.

"TSK!?"

He looked at her and blinked a couple of times, the water still dripping down the tips of his hair as he stared at her. His eyes were blank, emotionless, even. It was hard trying to figure out what the hell this man was thinking as he stared at her. 

"Oh."

"OH!?"