i. right and wrong

i. right and wrong

[warnings: death (none graphic/mentioned),
implied/referenced domestic violence]

[warnings: death (none graphic/mentioned), implied/referenced domestic violence]

[present - normal]
[past - italics]

"No... no...."

"Naida"

"Don't touch me"

"I... I'm sorry... I'm so -"

"You killed him, you fucking killed him Saul"

"I had to stop him, I had no choice - please Nadia"

"Just... Just leave"

"Will you be okay?"

"I said get out" she whispered, slowly but deadly, "I don't want you here"

"Please... Naida" he begged.

"Just get out"

◖◇◗

"Hey love" said Saul, popping his head through the door of her classroom.

"Hey" Naida replied, looking up from her class plans.

"Ready for tomorrow? Class plans all ready?"

"Yeah, second year's first period. Lets see if they've practised over the summer"

"Yeah, I've got to check mine. Wanna bet if Riven's kept up with training?"

"Nope"

"You gonna be able to be fair with Stella?" he asked, knowing the woman's annoyance at her son's ex-girlfriend.

"Has she been fair to Sky?"

"Well - " started Saul

"Rhetorical question hun, rhetorical question"

"Their relationship problems can't -"

"I'm joking, I'm not gonna lie and say she'll be my favourite person - but she's a student so I'll be fair" reasoned Naida.

"Or Farah will have your head" he joked, he accent catching slightly on the words.

"Did I tell you how Sky sat me down yesterday and made me promise not to embarrass him?" Naida asked, as Saul sat down on one of the tables - having to jump slightly to make it.

"No you didn't" laughed Saul, "The poor lad doesn't realise that's just going to make you want to do it more"

"What great esteem you hold me in" she laughed sarcastically.

"Oh yes great lady, I shall hold you in the highest esteem" he said, carrying on the joke.

"Thank you great sir" she said, walking around her table to stand between his legs, putting her arms around his neck.

"I dunno, not sure if I believe you really are thankful" he whispered, "Maybe a kiss will help"

"Forward, aren't you?"

"And you love it" he said, threading his arms around her waist.

She laughed, placing her forehead on his.

"You guys make me sick" laughed Sky, entering the class room with Riven on his tail.

"Disgusting" Riven agreed, and started to fake gag.

"Shut up, the both of you" said Saul and pointed at the two, "Or I'll give you both a nice run to do tomorrow - lets see how how you kept up with your training in the summer Riven"

"Oh yeah, trained everyday sir" said Riven, putting on a tone of false innocence that fooled no one.

"Cheeky bastard, you are"

◖◇◗

"You have to talk to him"

"No Farah, he killed my husband"

"And your husband was going to kill hundreds of innocent people... don't give me that look Ben, we all know it's true"

"I don't give one, Sky doesn't have a dad anymore - because of Saul"

"Because Andreas was really winning dad - and husband - of the year Naida"

"Shut up Farah, respect for the dead"

"Thanks Ben"

"I have no respect for Andreas, not after what he'd do to you, not after the way he hurt you"

"You have no right... no right Farah"

"Saul loves you... he looks at you like you're the centre of his universe, like everything gravitates around you - Andreas didn't , Saul did what was right"

"Right and wrong is subjective"

"Genocide isn't"