ii. erratic

ii. erratic

[warning: toxic relationship with parents (implied),
implied violence, and verbal abuse]

[warning: toxic relationship with parents (implied),implied violence, and verbal abuse]

[present - normal
past - italics]

"So... second years, lets see which ones of you kept up with your training in the summer" said Naida, once all of the class we sat down. 

"Stella, shut up when I'm talking" she snapped, stopping Stella from giggling with her table mate.

"Sorry Miss Lewis" said Stella, her voice drenched with sarcasm.

"I've given you all sheets, with tasks based on your weaknesses - whether that be control, erraticness, power" started Naida, "But remember, you've had weeks off - I don't expect you to be as strong or as in control as you were before the summer - that wouldn't be fair of me"

◖◇◗

"You've weakened over the break" said Rosalind, sounding disgusted, "All the steps we took forward the last few weeks of last year seemed to have been reversed"

"I just need some time" said Naida from the ground, where she had been blasted to by Luna.

"We don't have time - you more than most know what is out there... Farah you're up - maybe now we'll finally see some age-appropriate power" said Rosalind, turning her back on a bleeding Naida who was on the ground with wet eyes.

"Yeah" said Farah weakly, walking to her best friend and going to help her up before Rosalind stopped her.

"She can get up on her own" the headmistress snapped.

"She needs to go the the infirmary" piped Ben from the side lines.

"No I don't" interjected Naida, standing up and stumbling slightly, "I'm fine"

"What happened?" asked Ben, when she returned to her spot on his right, "You were beating Luna comfortably last year"

"My parents happened, they saw how I got better - and so dad tried to teach more, and just got more and more frustrated as my magic got more and more erratic" sighed Naida, "They don't get that they're not helping - they've never fucking helped"

"I'm sorry" Ben offered.

"'Bout what, you've done nothing wrong" she whispered, as they both had their eyes trained on where Farah was facing Luna.

"Tell you what, I missed the the fuck out of Alfea, but I did not miss Rosalind" whispered Ben darkly, as she saw a ball of light created by Luna barely miss Farah's head.

"Shush... she'll hear you" whispered Naida, but she was laughing.

◖◇◗

"Hey love" announced Andreas, hopping into the seat next to her, and wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

"Hey" said Naida breathlessly, turning him.

"I missed you" he whispered, leaning into give her a long peck.

"You haven't seen me for like a week" laughed Naida, pulling back.

"A week too long" he teased.

"Hey Naida" said Saul, sitting down opposite her in the middle of Farah and Ben, "It's been so long"

"Oh yes, a whole twelve hours" joked Naida, turning away from Andreas, to smile at Saul.

"Really, here I am thinking it was thirteen" 

"Actually yes" she said, looking down at her wrist at a pretend watch, "A minute ago it would have been thirteen hours since we last met"

"Her parents had me and mum over for dinner last night" said Saul, in response to Andreas's confused look, "You know... neighbours over for dinner type of thing"

"Yeah, makes sense" said Andreas happily, although there was something else in his eyes - something Naida didn't like.

[old naida - claire foy
young naida - emma stone]
[young saul - brandon flynn]
[young andreas as stuart broad]
[young farah as carrie mulligan]
[young ben as aaron taylor johnson]

^^ just a reminder ^^